The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is Edward Snowden a dead man?

Question is Edward Snowden a dead man?

your thoughts?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I just told my wife and son that yesterday.

Is he a hero or a traitor??
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    .Is he a hero or a traitor??
    could he be both at the same time?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Maybe somebody can help me out. How is his coming forward compromising national security? As far as I'm concerned, I did not know the government was collecting this data and now I do. And I'm upset about it. Talk about a slippery slope. I believe this guy has done me a favor. This might sound callous, but I accept the world and times we live in and still will not trade the false security our governement provides for any, ANY of my freedom and privacy.

He is a hero by pointing out who the traitors are. Unfortunately the "Golden Rule of the USA" (whoever has the gold rules) governs his fate. The traitors have the gold.

Snowden has done more for American freedom and liberty than any military campaign in the last 12 years.

He probably saved his life by going public as the leaker. It would be hard for the gov't to bump him off now. I have no doubt they would have tried to shut him up by any means if he was an unkown face to the public.
    The question is was he the actual leaker or just the messenger.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

They will probably trump up some other unrelated charge to get a warrant for extradition and to "prove" to the world he is an all around louse.

Personally I think he should get a Medal of Freedom.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    He is a hero by pointing out who the traitors are. Unfortunately the "Golden Rule of the USA" (whoever has the gold rules) governs his fate. The traitors have the gold.

Snowden has done more for American freedom and liberty than any military campaign in the last 12 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    They will probably trump up some other unrelated charge to get a warrant for extradition and to "prove" to the world he is an all around louse.

Personally I think he should get a Medal of Freedom.
    would have to agree with both of you on these....I think its just the tip of the iceberg...They have already started with trying to discredit him by releasing the statement from Booz Allen as to why he was terminated...not sure about where you work but all the employers I have worked for lately are prohibited from releasing info as to your departure, good or bad, most will only verify that you indeed were employed on the dates listed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The Guardian says there is more to be revealed by Snowden. I hope he lives long enough.

I think that he did the correct ( right ) thing. He is going to suffer for his bravery. Whistle blowers in this country have became very, very unpopular with the powers that be. I hope that he has many true friends who will help him.

P.S. Since he has gone into hiding ( perhaps ) who knows if he is even still alive.
    Last edited by charly_t; 06-11-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~