The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: is Edward Snowden a dead man?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I doubt Edward Snowden even exists.
    This is a diversion.
    The media is obsessed with him now instead of the real issues.

That is who & what America is today...........
    He is a real person, I know some of his family! I'll let others decide which category he will fall in!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    CNN said he was interviewed by a Chinese news paper. He stated we have been hacking China for years. If this is a paper doll than we need to burn it.

As for hero status. He is a traitor. Regardless if the left wing nut case from California says it or not. To give secret information to any news paper is wrong. To talk to the enemy about our past or current classified ops is worthy of hanging.

My opinion

Richard
    I'm going to have to agree with Richard as far as Snowdens actions are concerned. When I was in the Army I worked at an NSA Field Station in Germany. It's long gone now. What Snowden did was degrade our capabilities and let our enemies know some of those capabilities. However, with all of that being said, what was being done and how it was/is being done seems to be clearly illegal. Even with FISA approval spying on American citizens is illegal without specific warrants. This program is way too broad and gathers too much info. Warranted mining of for specific information against those named in the warrants is another thing all together.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Of course everyone who replies to this thread is going to get audited by the IRS.

Last night it was reported on Fox News that what Snowden has revealed so far is not news. The NSA surveillance program was covered in an article in 2005 or 2006 and was, therefore, public knowledge. Then it was apparently not covered further by the press so was forgotten by the public. If true, it sounds like he can't be charged with revealing the "secret" as it was already revealed by the press 7 or 8 years ago.

Since he was elected, Obama expanded the program which is the news in this story.

I don't think our govt wants to bring Snowden here and put him on trial for treason. I imagine he will disappear and China will get blamed for it. Snowden is a dead man.

Too many Vince Flynn novels,
    Helen

Anyone watch Person of Interest?

I love Vince Flynn too.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Now this guy is in Russia ...maybe he is a traitor ...leaning toward putting him in the same category as the PFC Manning...contrary to what I posted earlier in this thread
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I have no idea what to think about him now. Who knows what the truth is. Either way his life is a total wreck. We can't trust the media or the government to tell the truth. Can't judge this thing without the true facts.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

With the charges AG Eric Holder chose to file, it will takes years to extradite Snowden. Obama will be out of office, the story will be really old news and not likely covered by the media. I not convinced that Snowden was in a position to have access to really high level information. I do believe it would be an embarrassment to the present administration and that is why lesser offenses were not chosen where extradition would have been possible sooner. The bottom line is they don't want him back now that he is news!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    With the charges AG Eric Holder chose to file, it will takes years to extradite Snowden. Obama will be out of office, the story will be really old news and not likely covered by the media. I not convinced that Snowden was in a position to have access to really high level information. I do believe it would be an embarrassment to the present administration and that is why lesser offenses were not chosen where extradition would have been possible sooner. The bottom line is they don't want him back now that he is news!
    Interesting analysis!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    If there were anything negative in the story about Obama NOW the media wouldn't cover it!!!
    Stan b & Elvis