The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: is Edward Snowden a dead man?

With each new scandal, Obama or his spokesperson says that they're going to fix it and make sure it never happens again.
    http://finance.townhall.com/columnis...5534/page/full
    They actually are doing something about whistleblowers:

Their newest weapon is a program called “Inside Threat,” which, according to McClatchy, is designed not to just to clamp down on classified leaks, but rather to make sure ANY unauthorized disclosure of ANY information that make them look bad will leave a mark on the miscreant leaker.
    “President Barack Obama’s unprecedented initiative, known as the Insider Threat Program,” writes McClatchyDC.com, “is sweeping in its reach. It has received scant public attention even though it extends beyond the U.S. national security bureaucracies to most federal departments and agencies nationwide, including the Peace Corps, the Social Security Administration and the Education and Agriculture departments. It emphasizes leaks of classified material, but catchall definitions of ‘insider threat’ give agencies latitude to pursue and penalize a range of other conduct.”
    This just in from Foreign Policy online:
    The State Department investigator who accused colleagues last week of using drugs, soliciting prostitutes, and having sex with minors says that Foggy Bottom is now engaged in an "intimidation" campaign to stop her.
    Last week's leaks by Aurelia Fedenisn, a former State Department inspector general investigator, shined a light on alleged wrongdoing by U.S. officials around the globe. But her attorney Cary Schulman tells The Cable that Fedenisn has paid a steep price: "They had law enforcement officers camp out in front of her house, harass her children and attempt to incriminate herself."
    Fedenisn's life changed dramatically last Monday after she handed over documents and statements to CBS News alleging that senior State Department officials "influenced, manipulated, or simply called off" several investigations into misconduct. The suppression of investigations was noted in an early draft of an Inspector General report, but softened in the final version.
    Erich Hart, general counsel to the Inspector General, did not reply to a request for comment. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said last week that "we hold all employees to the highest standards. We take allegations of misconduct seriously and we investigate thoroughly."
    Ha! Apparently matters of misconduct and thorough investigations for the State Department only include whistleblowers, not the use of drugs, prostitutes and child sex trafficking by high-ranking officials that are representatives of the United States of America.​(I might also add to the list incompetency, as in Benghazi.)

What has actually been done to make sure a Fast & Furious never happens again?
    What has been done to make sure a Benghazi never happens again?
    What has been done to make sure the IRS discriminatory harrassment doesn't recur?
    Why is the best thing to prevent another Boston Marathon horror, not to monitor ANY mosques, like the miltant one that produced the bombers?

One thing is for sure, none of these other things seem to be getting "fixed", but at least the public will not get to learn about things like this in the future ... since the administration's crackdown on "leaks" should effectively shut down investigative reporting, what little of it there is left.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I just read a book about a whistleblower named Sibel Edmonds. It was really mind blowing and I would encourage everyone to read it. Her case, like snowdens, was about criminal actions, and inaction,taken place by the government you get a sense that the govt would rather a sensitive intel leak about informants come in to the open, than a leak that would embarrass the federal government .

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    he could even have been planted by the Obama Staff as a diversion.
    I think you've got something there. Snowden was hired by President Bush.

I heard an aside on the local news last night that the President was being briefed regularly on the status and whereabouts of Snowden. I'm a bit curious why he takes the time for that when he couldn't be bothered when a diplomatic mission was under attack.

When the terrorists from the Achille Lauro fled to Tunisia, President Reagan ordered the Navy to intercept the passenger plane and bring it to NAS Sigonella. Wonder if the current incumbent has the courage to do something like this?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

this isnt " 3 Days of the Condor"...Snowden cant be traveling around the world without some help, face it he aint Matt Bourne, somebody is financing this excursion,someone is giving him cover and watching his backside, cant believe our best CIA operatives or FBI special agents havent caught up with him yet
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    this isnt " 3 Days of the Condor"...Snowden cant be traveling around the world without some help, face it he aint Matt Bourne, somebody is financing this excursion,someone is giving him cover and watching his backside, cant believe our best CIA operatives or FBI special agents havent caught up with him yet
    I think they could get him if they wanted, but what do do with him is the question?
    I feel that they know that if they arrest him, they have to try him. If they try him, the media will want to cover it. When the media tries to cover it, they will not be allowed in the courtroom and raise more bad PR for our government. ( the media would not be allowed supposively because of sensitive information, but that information is our private information that has been stolen)

I hope he never gets arrested because the trial would resemble something from animal farm and the government would make an example out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I think they could get him if they wanted, but what do do with him is the question?
    I feel that they know that if they arrest him, they have to try him. If they try him, the media will want to cover it. When the media tries to cover it, they will not be allowed in the courtroom and raise more bad PR for our government. ( the media would not be allowed supposively because of sensitive information, but that information is our private information that has been stolen)

I hope he never gets arrested because the trial would resemble something from animal farm and the government would make an example out of him.
    He will go the way of Momma Cass,,,,,,,,,,,,choke on an Ecuadorian chicken sandwich.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

It's Monday, June 24. A few days ago it was reported he was on his way from Moscow to Ecuador. Then it was reported he was flying from Moscow to Cuba. This morning it was reported he was not on the plane to Cuba. But a lot of reporters had bought tickets and were on the plane.

This morning nobody knows where he is. They are not sure if he is still in Hong Kong, still in Moscow, or going to fly somewhere else.

If our intel doesn't know where he is and where he is going, we are spending a lot of money on intel we are not getting. Isn't it amazing that a 29 year old high school grad can allude U.S. surveillance.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I agree with you, Bon. He is getting help. I am still wondering how he got the top security clearance that they say he had. I am also disillusioned about our govt hiring firms to investigate people to give clearances. The other night on Fox it was reported that the firm that does the checking never did a thorough check on him and that 86% of those that are to be checked, are not being checked. And yet the U.S. paid that firm $2 million last year to do background checks. Or maybe it was $2 BILLION with a B.

Just heard on the radio that he is in Moscow, but seeking asylum in Ecuador. I'm sure that China and Russia are laughing up their sleeves at this.

Essentially, Hong Kong denied the US request for extradition, and Moscow the same. Except for a few of our reliable allies, a lot of countries don't seem to give a hoot if they "offend" the US, or don't honor their extradition treaties. And Obama hasn't generated any warm fuzzies by bugging them at the last big conference.

So, what are the chances that getting promises from the Taliban about A'stan are worth anything? Zilch.

Oh, yes, too, Helen, these are the same intel experts that Ol' Joe told us would give us ample notice of when Iran had nuke power. Makes you feel safe, doesn't it?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What I find quite interesting and ironic is that all of the information Snowden exhaled was already put in writing 1 year ago. And to think an american citizen should run to Russia and China for protection for fear of his government .

A sign of the times
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus