The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New State Dept. scandal -- prostitution and cover ups

Default New State Dept. scandal -- prostitution and cover ups

The hits just keep coming.

A new scandal for the State Dept. which was investigated by their Inspector General. At least 8 cases wherein the State Dept.'s security personnel were hiring prostitutes which was covered up by "seniors" in the State Dept. organization. Plus, our ambassador to Belgium soliciting prostitution (including a minor) in a public park that was hushed up by Cheryl Mills, Hillary's right hand.

One report said the Belgium ambassador is still at his post. He released a statement saying these are false charges. (Is the IG's report out yet?)

Helen

they must have gotten the phone numbers of the prostitutes from the Secret Service advance detail...or the party planners from the GSA or IRS
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

There may be no official State Dept. IG report. CBS News broke this story which is documented by a memo written by the OIG office regarding the DSS (Diplomatic Secret Service) which included prostitution, drugs, investigators being told to drop cases, cover ups by high ranking State Dept. "seniors". The memo also said the errant Belgium ambassador was brought to the states for a meeting with Patrick Kennedy who (I think) is in charge of State Dept. Operations. Somewhere in the cover up mix was Cheryl Mills.

I was surprised that it was CBS News who investigated and reported this. Certainly there will be more to come. A DSS agent of 26 years is the whistleblower.

And the next scandal is nepotism in govt agencies ... employees getting the plum internships and summer jobs for their children or other relatives; or the relatives of bureaucrats in other agencies. At last one person from the IG was the beneficiary of such nepotism

On the bright side of these scandals, mentioned in a John Ransom piece on American Thinker, is that with Congress busy invesitigating, they are not doing a lot of legislating, which is often beneficial. And we ought to be thankful for gridlock. It was such gridlock that resulted in the implementation of sequestration ... which fiscal benefits should continue into the new FY, unless Congress gets back to legislating

Of course, it really would be even more beneficial if SOMEbody, ANYbody lost their pay and retirement benefits for their hanky-panky; and maybe even did some jail time and paid some significant fines for their negligence, incompetence, and downright fraud.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It would appear that NO agency head in ANY agency has any clue as to what is going on in their agency. So, do any of these agencies need a "head"? Is it just a waste of taxpayer money if these agencies simply operate on auto-pilot & the "CEOs" have no clue what's happening?

"Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?" Oregon Republican Sen. Ron Wyden asked Clapper at the March 12 hearing.

"No, sir," Clapper responded.

"It does not?" Wyden pressed.

Clapper recanted and said: "Not wittingly. There are cases where they could, inadvertently perhaps, collect -- but not wittingly."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2Vw4mZKCh
    Of course, now that the news has broken that the agency does, indeed, do this, it becomes a question of whether Clapper lied or is just grossly incompetent. Guess he'll be put on administrative (paid) leave?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    The hits just keep coming.

A new scandal for the State Dept. which was investigated by their Inspector General. At least 8 cases wherein the State Dept.'s security personnel were hiring prostitutes which was covered up by "seniors" in the State Dept. organization. Plus, our ambassador to Belgium soliciting prostitution (including a minor) in a public park that was hushed up by Cheryl Mills, Hillary's right hand.

One report said the Belgium ambassador is still at his post. He released a statement saying these are false charges. (Is the IG's report out yet?)

Helen
    Hilary bashing!!! Same old playbook....why don't the republicans try winning on substance....this crap just plays to the folks that would vote for Micky Moose over a democrat.

Menmon, isn't that your modus operandi? You're like the traffic cop telling everyone to move along, nothing to see here, just move along!! No matter what you refuse to see any wrong doings from this inept, corrupt and pitiful administration.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Menmon, isn't that your modus operandi? You're like the traffic cop telling everyone to move along, nothing to see here, just move along!! No matter what you refuse to see any wrong doings from this inept, corrupt and pitiful administration.
    Now that is right on!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

It occurs to me that it is not only the elected officials that should have "term" limits. It would definitely appear that "career" Fed employees are subject to the same corruption as Congress.

I think we see this in the IRS scandal. Even while the cabinet heads are replaced from one administration to the next, the culture of corruption exists throughout the whole agency. Did anyone in the EPA object when Chu suggested that the agency use its power to "bury" various industries? Did anyone object when they saw the behavior in the Secret Service or diplomatic corps?

My guess would be that those who object find that they get nowhere by blowing the whistle, so they just leave the govt service? That surely seems to be the case in Fast & Furious; the GSA, and now the IRS. Thus, the culture just remains corrupt as anyone with any character leaves since they can't fight the overwhelming odds.

Make no mistake, this is a bipartisan problem. People complain about the venal capitalists (private sector), but the rot is jus as bad, if not worse, in the public sector ... and no one seems to care. If the people who have no ethical, moral compass are running the govt, I have to believe that the scandals we see are only the tip of the iceberg. There may be some low-level paper-pushers in the govt who haven't got this kind of power, but surely the examples of corrupt behavior by the "leaders" has a psychological impact on everyone.

Maybe Congress needs to make some laws that provide some real consequences for people who abuse their govt job responsibilities. Is the Belgian ambassador, or those Secret Service agents, any less guilty of endangering the US than Snowden? Due to their positions, they may be far more dangerous than Snowden.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Hilary bashing!!! .
    Menmon,
    No Hillary bashing. This is an emerging story. There are reports all over the net about the State Dept. telling investigators of eight cases of the DSS (Diplomatic Secret Service) regarding prostitutes. These were men who were the security unit for Hillary Clinton. Some were relieved of their duties; other DSS agents were protected and kept their jobs. This sounds like they had the goods on the security agents and their dalliance with prostitutes. It was reported to be "endemic".

Another investigation that was covered up has to do with a drug ring operating in Bagdad near the embassy. Can't find too much on that.

The ambassador in Belgium was under investigation by the OIG regarding prostitutes and him soliciting sex from a minor ("children" in some articles). In some articles it was said that the ambassador's behavior was well known -- that he would ditch his security detail so he could seek out prostitutes or children for sex in a park. In this case, either Cheryl Mills (Hillary's right hand) or Patrick Kennedy intervened and had the OIG's investigation of the ambassador stopped. The ambassador was called to the U.S. for a chat with Patrick Kennedy then returned to his post where he is to this day.

The source for the above was an internal State Dept. OIG memo that has been leaked.

More information is probably forthcoming. If it is true that State Dept. senior officials intervened in OIG investigations and orchestrated cover ups, this story is not going to die.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 06-13-2013 at 01:14 AM.