The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New State Dept. scandal -- prostitution and cover ups

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Hilary bashing!!! Same old playbook....why don't the republicans try winning on substance....this crap just plays to the folks that would vote for Micky Moose over a democrat.
    Looks like the democrats ran Mickey Moose for President AND WON!!!!

Hilary bashing!!! Same old playbook....why don't the republicans try winning on substance....this crap just plays to the folks that would vote for Micky Moose over a democrat.
    You want to talk substance....the R nominee had more SUBSTANCE on his resume,more governing experience,business experience, culture and class...but the media doesnt give a rats azz about SUBSTANCE, the LIV doesnt give a CRAP about substance...the only SUBSTANCE the current POTUS knows about is the kind you put up your nose

I wont even delve into the Mickey Mouse ears reference because its an insult to all the Mousketeers
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Is that Micky Moose or Mouse, doesn't make any difference I would vote for him too!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

as for soclitation of children for sex or solicitation for sex of children being prostituted by other adults, these acts are the absolute worst crimes that can be committed against humanity. the punishment for such crimes can never be severe enough to satisfy my view of justice.

but if we are talking regular old, run of the mill, adult to adult prostitution paid for with my tax dollars...........heck, at least i have some idea of what my money is being spent for!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    as for soclitation of children for sex or solicitation for sex of children being prostituted by other adults, these acts are the absolute worst crimes that can be committed against humanity. the punishment for such crimes can never be severe enough to satisfy my view of justice.

but if we are talking regular old, run of the mill, adult to adult prostitution paid for with my tax dollars...........heck, at least i have some idea of what my money is being spent for!
    John: sometimes I cant tell if you are one of the inhabitants of the Dept Of Corrections facility near the FT grounds in Alabama or the warden...your tone brings to mind a word that ABIII uses quite a lot..NEFARIOUS

All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The point is that government workers do the same stupid stuff that private sector workers do, and their bosses deal with it. It is not news! But politics try to make it news. So surely smart folks like the people on this forum have more concerning issues to think about!

Stupid stuff is one thing. Criminal stuff is something entirely different. Coverups and thwarting investigations is something else again. It's not politics. It's justice or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Stupid stuff is one thing. Criminal stuff is something entirely different. Coverups and thwarting investigations is something else again.
    As is so often the case, it isn't the crime that the American people find the most offensive, it is the cover-up.

Americans want a government they can trust. Americans want to be told the truth. Regardless which party is in power.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

As I understand it, there is an Office of Inspector General (OIG) for every (or most) government agencies. Their job is to be a watchdog on the operations and personnel of the agency.

What is of big concern here is ... the State Dept's OIG had a number of investigations they were doing.

1. DSS personnel (Hillary's security) were hiring prostitutes when traveling in foreign countries to protect Hillary. .
    Three were found guilty, removed from the detail, and reassigned elsewhere. With others, seniors in the State Dept interfered and protected them from being reassigned. They got a slap on the wrist.

2. the OIG was investigating a drug ring in Bagdad which involved (or may have involved) US State Dept. person. The State Dept covered up that investigation.

3. the Belgium ambassador's activities were known. The IG assigned a chief investigator to investigate. She reported, yep, prostitutes and minor children were involved in an Internal OIG memo.The State Dept. intervened and told their OIG to stop the investigation of the ambassador. The investigator was taken off the case. The chief investigator is the whistleblower. She resigned last December.

This is serious when senior State Dept. officials can dictate to their OIG what they can and can't investigate. It restricts the OIG being the watchdog on State Dept. operations and personnel. The OIG did give a report, but it had been changed by the State Dept. before it was released. There can be no toleration for this. It bears investigation by a Congressional oversight committee. That's what the oversight committees are to do.

All of this occurred on Hillary's watch. It has been reported that Under Secretary Patrick Kennedy stopped the investigation of the ambassador. It has been reported that Cheryl Mills, Hillary's chief of staff, intervened in a different investigation.

If Hillary did not know all of this was happening on her watch, she should have.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 06-13-2013 at 11:22 AM.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...ex_with_minors

On Monday, a State Department official told The Cable that investigations sometimes result in disciplinary actions that aren't made public. At a briefing, Psaki said the department "would never condone any undue influence on any report or investigation," Psaki said.

You suppose?

It's all about Hillary isn't it?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift