The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Standard Club Protocol for Getting Ribbons to Handlers?

Default Standard Club Protocol for Getting Ribbons to Handlers?

I have a question regarding ribbons: If a handler or owner is not present for the ribbon ceremony(such as it is) for whatever reason and no one steps up to get it. Do you mail it to the handler?

Who pays for postage?

Just curious as to how clubs handle this.

That reminds me: Hey Bill-- I have Gracies ribbon under my seat in my truck!!! will get that to you ASAP!!!

bad friend regards,

I've only been a HT Secty once, but did mail any absentee owner's ribbons to them. I submitted the cost in my expense report and was reimbursed by the club.

Going to miss my club's HT this weekend and am seriously bummed.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

I've had ribbons mailed to me from various clubs. No cost.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    I have a question regarding ribbons: If a handler or owner is not present for the ribbon ceremony(such as it is) for whatever reason and no one steps up to get it. Do you mail it to the handler?

Who pays for postage?

Just curious as to how clubs handle this.

That reminds me: Hey Bill-- I have Gracies ribbon under my seat in my truck!!! will get that to you ASAP!!!

bad friend regards,
    More often than not, most clubs do not mail ribbons except by specific request & only then if mailing costs are covered by the recipient.
    David Didier, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    More often than not, most clubs do not mail ribbons except by specific request & only then if mailing costs are covered by the recipient.
    That is what my started doing. If they want the ribbon they should make arangements with the HTS. The HTS has enought to keep up with. Most just have someone else pick it up for them. Now if it is a HRC hunt, I will mail the pink slip with no cost to the handler.

My feelings are if the handler doesn't feel it's important enough to stick around for the ribbons, then it's not important enough for me to take my time to buy an envelope, look up his address and address the envelope, go to the post office, find out what the postage is and pay for it. It'd be different if they left a stamped self addressed envelope.

The event secretary has enough to do without becoming contestant's personal servant because he didn't want to pick up a ribbon.
    Last edited by Howard N; 06-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

We charge shipping.
    I am pretty sure CFHRC had a standard $5 cost to mail a ribbon. Think pink slip was free.
    I have seen more clubs than not that charge.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    My feelings are if the handler doesn't feel it's important enough to stick around for the ribbons, then it's not important enough for me to take my time to buy an envelope, look up his address and address the envelope, go to the post office, find out what the postage is and pay for it. It'd be different if they left a stamped self addressed envelope.

The event secretary has enough to do without becoming contestant's personal servant because he didn't want to pick up a ribbon.
    I agree- and if you do not want to thank the Ht Committee representatives and the judges , it is , as they say across the pond , poor form. Baffles me that any pro who makes a living thru these competitions doesn't thank the people in the proper forum who allow them to profit by them volunteering their time .I mean , hell , we all want to "hit the road" . That includes the committee , workers and judges..
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post

Bingo.
    I don't get paid enough to do all that.
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

Perhaps the participant is at another stake ...I think that the club Secretary should send the ribbons .... Or maybe have EE do it

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 06-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"