The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Standard Club Protocol for Getting Ribbons to Handlers?

No need to be the peanut. I am a big boy and don't run crying to the mods if someone want to speak their mind. I do it, feel free.
    Elitist attitude is exactly how what you wrote sounds. I am special, I can manage to find whoever I need to to get my ribbon. As pointed out most of the people involved with putting on the test spend MONTHS giving there free time to put on a test for the benefit of those who show up to run. To expect that they mail it to you is elitist. Nobody working there, with the exception of our BB's gets paid a dime and you want them to go the extra mile and mail it. Asking is one thing expecting is another.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Well just to give you an idea of how inconvenient it was for me to mail over 25 ribbons this weekend, it added about half an hour....but I'm pretty organized and I had to go to the post office anyway to mail a catalog to RNs and AKC.

Our club had technical difficulties with the ribbons (a club members truck blew a fuel pump and in the confusion he forgot the ribbons), so I mailed out the Master ribbons to those who didn't get theirs the day of the event, of course at club expense. However in the past I've mailed others their ribbons and/or gave them to them at the next weekend event. Our club doesn't charge for mailing ribbons - the thought never occurred to us. And we feel appreciative of all people who come and support our events...and to us it is a cost of doing business and we kind of look at it as the next weekend some other club is going to be in the same boat we were and we try and treat our participants how we would like to be treated....and yes I remember the days of typing up catalogs, copying pages, stapling them, making marshal sheets, etc....with EE the role of the event secretary is not as crazy.

And $5 is a pretty big fee - I bought the nice bubble wrap envelopes for the ribbons and paid $0.53 a piece and the postage was $1.12...

I doubt we will charge for mailing ribbons, but I do ask that you make sure your address you use for EE entries is accurate because that is what I used!

Lainee

p.s. As a side note - since RN and EE are one and the same now, can we do away with mailing a catalog to them? Just require the Event secretary post results?!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Dennis is not an elitist and he judges and puts on HTs here in CO...but he doesn't need me to defend him.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

thanks Corey - appreciate the input - nothing like good ol southern hospitality.

If you ever do travel more than a few miles from home to an event, please come on up to Colorado. I am sure you will be happy to toss a few birds or plant a few blinds or help tear down and move equipment between series for the clubs as I have done as a mere participant while expecting way to much from all those people who don't owe me anything just because I paid the entry fee.

moving on elitest regards
    "Too late smart, too soon old" - Now I finally get it Grandpa

Dennis Long
    HRCH SHDW MTN Aces and Eights Toby MH "Toby"
    HRCH Barton Creek's Winner Take All MH "Rio"
    Ranger 1997 - 2012
    Ragin' Charge of the Light Brigade "Cannon"

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Same here. But that was twenty years ago when I did the HT Secty thing. Reading all the replies it seems things have changed.
    Things have definitely changed since the 1980's. As a hunt test secretary, I remember spending late nights and weekends typing the catalogue on an IBM typewriter and making the dash to the store for printing just in the nick of time to have them printed, plus maintaining the mailing list, and sending out premiums by mail. Entry express has made everything so streamlined for clubs.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)