The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: training sequence

Default training sequence

Hi Folks (new to the game) - is there a "standard" or as close to as one might get, to an order and timeline for training - like by ten weeks pup should have SIT , next comes "Here" by age ? and on and on - I know there are several training DVD's out there but do any of you have it in print? I understand every dog is different and some learn quicker than others. But when guys are standing around their trucks is there a reference point to an order of tasks and a general age dogs will usually grasp them. Thanks

Here is Mike Lardy's flowchart. It doesn't give a time line per say but it gives you an idea of what follows what. His training videos are good. I would say his basics start at about 6 or 7 months old. Socialization and Intro to field was prior to that.

http://www.totalretriever.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&It emid=102
    Last edited by Howard N; 06-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013