The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Fc Afc Kensbridge Darkly Handsome

Default Fc Afc Kensbridge Darkly Handsome

I have loved studying up on my pups pedigree, and researching some of the greats of the past. I have been able to find out about most of the dogs in my pups pedigree; however I have not found much on Dean. Can anyone share anything about him?

I met him, and have two offspring of his. He was owner trained and handled. his owner, Nan Ruby, a wonderful person. She told me, He was the last pick , older than 8 weeks- because he would not pick up a duck.
    I met him at the national amateur when it was in Klamath Falls, OR, in 2002, his daughter (my "Sable,"MH) was three or four mos old. Here was a full intact adult male, letting this obnoxious pup he'd never met, suck up to him and be pup-he was not the least bit bothered by her. It was that temperment that made me breed my "Tommie" to him three months later. From that breeding, he is the grandsire, great grandsire and great great grandsire to my kids now.
    He was my idea of a labrador , from his looks, to his temperement and also his performance. I believe I still have some pictures of him, if youre interested, you can email me: watrspk@clearwire.net
    He died young-and fast, of cancer, unfortunately..... I was lucky to have met him ......
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamhh View Post
    I have loved studying up on my pups pedigree, and researching some of the greats of the past. I have been able to find out about most of the dogs in my pups pedigree; however I have not found much on Dean. Can anyone share anything about him?
    Most folks that were running the Northwest circuit at the turn of the century (sounds weird I know), will remember Nan and Dean. Nan for being such a nice, friendly, sportswoman and Dean for being her talented, eager, tractable companion. They were quite a team and did very well for quite some time. You could count on them to be competitive every week they were entered. That dog loved Nan and the feeling was mutual.
    Bill Davis

Dean was owner handler trained he had great heart and accomplished much from find retriever.com 24 DERBY POINTS QUALIFIED FOR 10 NATIONALS 7 AMATEUR AND 3 OPEN 116 ALL-AGE POINTS
    Dean passed away shortly before his 9th birthday to a ruthless stomach cancer. I had a Dean son...Hoover was all time best team player my soul mate, sniff sniff. RIP my buddy. Here's Nan's email
    kensbridge@winfinity.com

I watched Nan and Dean for many years. A very nice dog and a great team. Always should worry when they entered...

/paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

One last thing to add about this fine dog and handler is that they were NARC Finalist's in 2001 in Virginia, MN. Dean wasn't just her buddy... he was a serious National level dog.
    Bill Davis

Thanks so much for the replies. They seem to have been a great duo wish I could have seen them run.