The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Syria??!!??!!

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    *******WARNING There are some graphic photos from Syria in the link below********

There are also some interesting comments at the end of the pictures:

http://www.themysteryworld.com/2013/...rom-syria.html
    Brilliant Dixiedawg. Nothing like a picture montage to drive home the fact that war is hell. You even included the requisite pictures of bloodied innocent women and children. It is gruesome and bloody for all involved both the combatants and the "collaterally" damaged civillians?

Once again who are the good guys in this civil war?

Is it your position that adding some innocent US blood to these pictures would some how make it all better???

I remember Bush and Cheney rallying support for their wars They used similar type pictures. They assured us that we would be greeted as welcomed liberating heroes; they said the war would be very short lived and cost us minimally in lives and money. It was even hinted that oil revenues would pay for it all.

How did that work out for us? How did their assurances hold up???

I wonder if Obama is running a background check on the Syrian rebels before he arms them????
    Last edited by road kill; 06-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

They will be limited to 7 round mags and double barrel shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by smillerdvm View Post
    Brilliant Dixiedawg. Nothing like a picture montage to drive home the fact that war is hell. You even included the requisite pictures of bloodied innocent women and children. It is gruesome and bloody for all involved both the combatants and the "collaterally" damaged civillians?

Once again who are the good guys in this civil war?

Is it your position that adding some innocent US blood to these pictures would some how make it all better???

I remember Bush and Cheney rallying support for their wars They used similar type pictures. They assured us that we would be greeted as welcomed liberating heroes; they said the war would be very short lived and cost us minimally in lives and money. It was even hinted that oil revenues would pay for it all.

How did that work out for us? How did their assurances hold up???
    How or why did you leap to any of those conclusions?

Ted Cruz, on June 21, on Syria:
    He said, “These forces are engaged with a deadly struggle with the Assad regime and President Obama has chosen this moment to signal that it is now suddenly in our vital security interests to intervene in Syria. It seems far more likely a recipe for disaster.”
    He continued, “Regardless, let me suggest a simple rule. Don’t give weapons to people who hate us. Don’t give weapons to people who want to kill us.”
    Lol. Finally, a politician with common sense!
    Cruz also pointed out that Obama didn’t even have the guts to directly tell the American people of his plan to arm the rebels — instead, he had a White House spokesperson do it. According to a new poll, 70 percent of Americans oppose arming the rebels in Syria and do not want to get involved in another foreign conflict.
    “In a case where his policy is so at odds with the will of the people,” said Cruz, “it’s beholden on the President to make his case and persuade us that this proposed intervention is necessary.”
    It does seem a little odd that the POTUS didn't make the announcement himself, since it really is a big deal to become more activist in Syria.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

FYI... a pretty decent article on the different factions at work in syria. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15798218
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/..._and_ours.html
    Another interesting analysis of what's going on in Syria ... makes me think that for now we should watch and wait to see what the other players do.

This analysis actually makes it seem like the various alliances are unravelling. Makes one begin to understand why the Arabs have not had much success in wars against Israel.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

These are the people we will be giving arms to?
    Father Murad, 49, was helping to establish a monastery in the northern Syrian town of Syria. Last weekend, rebels stormed the monastery and kidnapped the priest. Early reports were that the al Qaeda-linked Islamists shot Father Murad to death. The Vatican, however, has confirmed that the rebels martyred him on June 23 by beheading him.
    In Egypt, we made a deal with the devil when we supported the Muslim Brotherhood. The people of Egypt are now trying to rid themselves of that govt. Are we doing the same thing in Syria?

Two Americans have been killed in the violence in Egypt in the past few days. Ostensibly, they were killed because the killers hate the US. The two who were killed were supportive of the Palestinians.

It is a no-win situation no matter which side we would take.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

A civil war within a civil war?

Reuters:

Syrian rebels said on Friday the assassination of one of their top commanders by al Qaeda-linked militants was tantamount to a declaration of war, opening a new front for the Western-backed fighters struggling against President Bashar al-Assad's forces.
    Other opposition sources said the killing followed a dispute between Hamami's forces and the Islamic State over control of a strategic checkpoint in Latakia and would lead to fighting.
    Rivalries have been growing between the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Islamists, whose smaller but more effective forces control most of the rebel-held parts of northern Syria more than two years after pro-democracy protests became an uprising.
    "We will not let them get away with it because they want to target us," a [COLOR=#11B000 !important]senior[/COLOR] FSA commander said on [COLOR=#11B000 !important]condition[/COLOR] of anonymity after members of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant killed Kamal Hamami on Thursday.
    "We are going to wipe the floor with them," he said.
    Hamami, also known by his nom de guerre, Abu Bassir al-Ladkani, is one of the top 30 figures on the FSA's Supreme Military [COLOR=#11B000 !important]Command[/COLOR].
    His killing highlights how the West's vision of a future, democratic Syria is unraveling.
    Assad appeared close to defeat a year ago when rebels killed top officials in a bomb attack and pushed deep into Damascus. Now, with military and [COLOR=#11B000 !important]financial[/COLOR] support from Russia and Iran, he has pushed the rebels back to the outskirts of the capital and put them on the defensive in the south while radical Islamists assert control over the north.
    The FSA commander said the al Qaeda-linked militants had warned FSA rebels that there was "no place" for them where Hamami was killed in Latakia province, a northern rural region of Syria bordering Turkey where Islamist groups are powerful.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2YtLe1IMZ

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

All the different sub groups involved in the over throw of the government in Syria can not come together because they all want it their way. They all want to change one dictator for a dictator who holds their values. The prisons will still be over flowing with people against the government, political prisoners, only the faces will change. There will not be a new found love for the American people. Look at Egypt, they hate our president for backing the Muslim Brotherhood. The sad thing is that people who have been raised in dysfunction have a hard time being functional. The Middle East is dysfunctional and no matter how much we want to give them a taste for freedom they can not embrace it because they do not understand the meaning of the word.

Terri