The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Syria??!!??!!

Best we stay out of that mess. There is no way we are going to shape the outcome our way.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Terri View Post
    All the different sub groups involved in the over throw of the government in Syria can not come together because they all want it their way. They all want to change one dictator for a dictator who holds their values. The prisons will still be over flowing with people against the government, political prisoners, only the faces will change. There will not be a new found love for the American people. Look at Egypt, they hate our president for backing the Muslim Brotherhood. The sad thing is that people who have been raised in dysfunction have a hard time being functional. The Middle East is dysfunctional and no matter how much we want to give them a taste for freedom they can not embrace it because they do not understand the meaning of the word.

Terri
    Your last sentence is as concise and accurate as anything I have read concerning our involvement in the Mid-East. We (our leaders and our Nation as a whole) need to understand this and apply it to our foreign policy.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Your last sentence is as concise and accurate as anything I have read concerning our involvement in the Mid-East. We (our leaders and our Nation as a whole) need to understand this and apply it to our foreign policy.-Paul
    Ditto ! ............................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

And this was our very problem with Iraq in trying to restore order after Sadam was gone.

Freedom and democracy take time to adjust to ... and it is "work". With freedom comes individual responsibility. That concept is not nurtured in Islam. Obedience is ingrained through the religion which is part of every aspect of life. Remember, Jesus was an iconoclast. He brought to Judaism the concept that an individual did not need an intermediary priestly class to make them right with God. It became the individual's responsibility to honor God. Then Luther rebelled against the sale of indulgences to break away from the RC church. This took centuries, even when individual responsibility was part of the religious base of the society ... which it is not with Islam. So, it should take even longer for the ME to learn what freedom really entails. Perhaps this is being somewhat accelerated by more contact with the outside world with modern technology, but it will still take a long time to evolve.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.