The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Obama Vacation Yet

Default Best Obama Vacation Yet

He's going to Africa! They estimate the govt costs will range from $60 to $100 million. Three countries are supposed to be visited. A safari was planned but called off since the Secret Service challenges were just too overwhelming.

I can understand a President needing relief from stress, but this kind of cost seems to have total disregard for what's going on in the country for a lot of people. What about the hardships of sequester for govt employees that he seemed to have such compassion for? Did the Secret Service have advance notice of this, and knew they had to cut back the WH tours because of budgetary stresses like this?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ics&id=9139297

Seems like he had to do what Clinton did ... Clintons' trip to Africa cost us $43 million.

WASHINGTON (KGO) -- What could be one of the most expensive presidential vacations in history is raising some eyebrows.

President Obama and his family are planning an 8-day trip to Africa and the estimated cost for taxpayers is $100 million.

The Washington Post obtained a confidential document that outlines the extent of the presidential-sized preparations. It includes hundreds of agents to guard the family, military planes to airlift 14 limousines and 42 other vehicles, and enough bulletproof glass to cover windows at all of the president's hotels.

An aircraft carrier with a full medical center will also be nearby and fighter jets will protect airspace around the clock.

To compare, former President Clinton's trip to Africa in 1998 cost about $43 million -- less than half the cost of President Obama's trip.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Do you really think he cares about cost? Barry has his hands on the biggest blank welfare check the USA could give him. So for all that put this idiot in office what are your plans for a summer vacation? That's right you can't go anywhere because the grass needs mowing!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Just saw on Townhall that somebody did the math ... $100 million would fund those WH tours for 1,350 weeks ... that's 25 years!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

how do four people spend 12 million dollars per day? oh thats easy.....three million each!

what did we expect?
    john mccallie

Deputy national security advisor Ben Rhodes said, “Frankly, there will be a great bang for our buck for being in Africa, because when you travel to regions like Africa that don’t get a lot of presidential attention, you can have very long-standing and long-running impact from the visit.”
    He continued, “You’ve got some of the fastest growing economies in Africa. You’ve got a massively growing youth population. You’ve got key security and counterterrorism issues that we work on with African countries.”

So, does this mean that even if Obama does no official meetings with anyone, simply his presence will bring good will? Somehow, I think not as much good will as Bush generated from his efforts to contain and treat HIV in Africa. Bet the positive results of those efforts will not be headlined as "Bush's fault"

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Maybe he is going to give the whole Continent green cards?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Maybe he is going to give the whole Continent green cards?
    spending 100 mil in 8 days, he will create more jobs in africa than here!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    spending 100 mil in 8 days, he will create more jobs in africa than here!
    Not if he gives them Obamacare!
    Bill Davis

Just obscene. Wonder what it would cost if he left the women at home and instead was going for some real state purpose? If he were going for some kind of high level meeting, it might be worth what it would cost, but for a sight seeing trip, just totally obscene. I also wonder how much of that is additional expense over what we pay on a daily basis for the presidency (protection, etc.) You can't really include the SS salaries for instance, just stuff like their lodging, fuel, and the stuff we aren't paying every day to begin with. If they are counting moving an aircraft carrier and all its support craft, 100 million hardly seems enough.
    Last edited by HPL; 06-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

maybe he is going to make Kenya a US territory, and therefore make all its inhabitants citizens so they can vote in 2016...its a community organizer thing...huge sarcasm and eye roll
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"