The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: IRS: Holly Paz is gonzo?

  1. #11
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    I never could figure out what in the he!! Congress had to do with baseball & steroids. Is that what we elected them for? What a waste of time and taxpayers money to hold hearings, let the baseball commissioner hold hearings if he wants!
    the reason Congress held the hearings for MLB was because they would like nothing better than to revoke its anti trust status/exemption and therefore place restrictions and revenue, it was all about MONEY
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The two posters above me said we should do away with the fifth. As far as what Lerner did, just because it had never been done before does not make it illegal, not even Fox could not come up with case law on it. It would interesting to see the out come if they claim contempt. I am simply defending the fifth amendment, not Lerner, I think that she at the very least should lose her job and jail may be very fitting.
    Evidently you didn't read my last two sentences. If you did, maybe you didn't understand them?
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Evidently you didn't read my last two sentences. If you did, maybe you didn't understand them?
    Bill, I was talking about the two posters above my original statement.

  4. #14
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Bill, I was talking about the two posters above my original statement.
    Damn we need a moderator! Where's Candy Crowley?
    Bill Davis

  5. #15
    Senior Member helencalif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    in the mountains at Lake Almanor, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Mon., June 17 - another article about Holly Paz says she has been "fired" by the IRS and someone has replaced her. The IRS has not confirmed that she was "fired" nor have they issued any statement as to why she is no longer on the job.

    For all we know, she resigned to protect her pension. Or she could be on paid administrative leave like Lois Lerner. What is known is that she is no longer on the job and someone else has her job. The IRS has not said why.

    Holly Paz may have to be brought back to the committee to explain her original testimony in that it does not agree with the testimony given by an agent in Cincinnati.

    Helen

  6. #16
    Senior Member Raymond Little's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Charles/Grand Chenier La
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The two posters above me said we should do away with the fifth. As far as what Lerner did, just because it had never been done before does not make it illegal, not even Fox could not come up with case law on it. It would interesting to see the out come if they claim contempt. I am simply defending the fifth amendment, not Lerner, I think that she at the very least should lose her job and jail may be very fitting.
    Wrong, I did not say we should eliminate the 5th amendment. We should not allow someone who we the citizens of the United States pay their salary to not testify when asked a direct question regarding any inquiry. No different than Public Employee Unions who negotiate with elected officials who then Fleece their constituents so that they will get Ca$h back from said Public Employee Unions in the form of Reelection DONATIONS. Am I the only one who understands this fact of LIFE?
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

  7. #17
    Senior Member helencalif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    in the mountains at Lake Almanor, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Holly Paz is gonzo, but how? Two more articles on line, now there are 3 versions as to "how gone".

    1. fired. Not confirmed by the IRS.
    2. on administrative leave. Not confirmed.
    3. replaced per the IRS. No explanation as to whether fired or put on administrative leave. Just that she has been replaced
    4th option: "resigned with benefits and pension intact"

  8. #18
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Holly Paz is gonzo, but how? Two more articles on line, now there are 3 versions as to "how gone".

    1. fired. Not confirmed by the IRS.
    2. on administrative leave. Not confirmed.
    3. replaced per the IRS. No explanation as to whether fired or put on administrative leave. Just that she has been replaced
    4th option: "resigned with benefits and pension intact"
    Helen, you forgot the fifth and most likely option... "At this time we don't know"
    Bill Davis

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Wrong, I did not say we should eliminate the 5th amendment. We should not allow someone who we the citizens of the United States pay their salary to not testify when asked a direct question regarding any inquiry. No different than Public Employee Unions who negotiate with elected officials who then Fleece their constituents so that they will get Ca$h back from said Public Employee Unions in the form of Reelection DONATIONS. Am I the only one who understands this fact of LIFE?
    It appears as though you don't understand the fifth amendment.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    It appears as though you don't understand the fifth amendment.
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain it. I'll give you a head start.

    "No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

    How would firing Lois Lerner be contrary to the protections of the 5th Amendment?
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •