The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRS: Holly Paz is gonzo?

Let's see, I would put them in a chair kind of like "Ole Sparky" with a bit of electricity attached to it. Witness would also have a polygraph hooked up and any attempt to evade or lied when questioned would elicit a ding, on the second attempt to evade or lie, said chair would light their azz up and the questioning would continue. Consider it In-Direct pressure so in theory, it would work just like it does with a dog that really wants to beach early but is reminded that wet is where it's at.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to explain it. I'll give you a head start.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

How would firing Lois Lerner be contrary to the protections of the 5th Amendment?
    Not exactly sure where I ever mentioned anything about firing, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by mngundog; 06-18-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Since the firing of Lois Lerner seemed to be the best example of "firing an employee that takes the Fifth", I just used her name.

Seriously, how would a person who "took the Fifth Amendment" be immune from disciplinary action up to and including firing? An employee would be protected from self-incrimination for a "capital, or otherwise infamous crime" which this would not be. They'd be protected against testimony in a criminal case, which this is not. Why could the Acting Commissioner of the IRS not simply say, "You're fired."?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Since the firing of Lois Lerner seemed to be the best example of "firing an employee that takes the Fifth", I just used her name.

Seriously, how would a person who "took the Fifth Amendment" be immune from disciplinary action up to and including firing? An employee would be protected from self-incrimination for a "capital, or otherwise infamous crime" which this would not be. They'd be protected against testimony in a criminal case, which this is not. Why could the Acting Commissioner of the IRS not simply say, "You're fired."?
    Republicans have already said this may be a criminal case, and if its not (as you are saying), immunity could be granted.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Lois Lerner still having a job after pleading the 5th is almost as big a travesty..its not even funny anymore
    ANd it is our tax dollars that pay for that garbage. I demand a refund now!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    If we are going to throw out the fifth Amendment, what other ones should we do away with?
    Sure she can plead the 5th but at that point all taxpayer money she receives must be suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The two posters above me said we should do away with the fifth. As far as what Lerner did, just because it had never been done before does not make it illegal, not even Fox could not come up with case law on it. It would interesting to see the out come if they claim contempt. I am simply defending the fifth amendment, not Lerner, I think that she at the very least should lose her job and jail may be very fitting.
    FLat out, just cut the payments off if she refuses to answer to those of us that are rFORCED TP PAY HER!