The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queen Anne's County (MD) Deputy Sheriff needs help

Hey You RTF'rs!!

Come On!!!

Check under the sofa pillows,, dresser drawers,, and lets up the total a bit!

20 people give 100.00(Tax deduction) and its done!!

Go cold turkey for a month,, and donate the Starbuck money.....Ya really need a 6.00cupa cofee everyday?

Donate what you would pay for a nice dinner out,, then saty home and have Mac and cheeze...

Come On!!! RTF can do this!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Gooser has generously donated a 100 round custom-made RANGE BOX to be auctioned off on RTF to help raise the needed funds to keep DFC Boyles and Benny together!!! The custom-made Range Box holds ammo for when you go Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays shooting... It can also be used to hold ammo around the house...

The box Gooser is donating is made from Spalted Maple,dovetailed on all four corners, with raised panel top and bottom.

For more information and to place your bid, please go to this thread...

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...79#post1117279

Below are samples of the 100 round Range Box being offered by MooseGooser for the auction!! Notice the detail in the dovetail corners and the excellent craftsmanship!!!

Last edited by Vicky Trainor; 06-19-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

We've just donated via Paypal and as well, my Mom said she will be making a donation!! how cool is that!!!! :0)
    "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

Sending a check from Ramblin Maxx today....

Please keep us posted on the progress.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

My HAIRDRESSER just handed me $20 to donate from her!!!!!!!!! how cool is THAT!!!!
    "He who has a why to live can bear almost any how."

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

As of tonight at 11 p.m. (EDT), I have received $260.00 via PayPal!
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

This situation sickens me... not about the officers, about the administration. Do you have a link I could post to facebook?
    HR UUD GRACH4 ROC UNJ About Time Ben SH UD RE AX MXJ OF WCX CGC "Ben"
    SHR Ironpaws Black Rock Time To Dream CGC "Kona"
    SHR Ironpaws Westshore Meant To Be CGC "Toby"
    Ironpaws Rags To Riches CGC "Zipp"

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Marenich View Post
    This situation sickens me... not about the officers, about the administration. Do you have a link I could post to facebook?
    Here is a counterpoint to this situation:

This dog is NOT of retirement age. This dog is in his prime, capable of many more days of law enforcement on the street.

The "retirement" is the cop, not the dog. When a dog is taken out of commission, in his prime, he has a value. Other law enforcement agencies would love to have the dog. Other cops would love to have the dog. The agency has a public responsibility to account for some value to the taxpayers.

Let's face it. $2k for a started retriever is a reasonable value. If you want to help the officer and dog remain together, please pitch in.

Please, please, please keep the politics out of it. RTF does not need to get folks from outside the area caught up in politics. RTF can and should help a dog person and family be with the dog they love.

Thanks,
    Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    Here is a counterpoint to this situation:

This dog is NOT of retirement age. This dog is in his prime, capable of many more days of law enforcement on the street.

The "retirement" is the cop, not the dog. When a dog is taken out of commission, in his prime, he has a value. Other law enforcement agencies would love to have the dog. Other cops would love to have the dog. The agency has a public responsibility to account for some value to the taxpayers.

Let's face it. $2k for a started retriever is a reasonable value. If you want to help the officer and dog remain together, please pitch in.

Please, please, please keep the politics out of it. RTF does not need to get folks from outside the area caught up in politics. RTF can and should help a dog person and family be with the dog they love.

Thanks,
    Chris
    In keeping with your thoughts the typical K-9 program is a specialty budget item squeezed from a remaining overall annual operating budget of 15% or so. 2K for this one is a deal.
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    No argument there. (Well, it depends on the particular retriever, but I get the analogy.) Check sent 2 days ago.

It's not politics for me - just a guy getting HIS dog, independent of who bought it in the first place. I hope we raise the $$. And thanks Gooser.
    Last edited by Keith Stroyan; 06-20-2013 at 06:32 PM.