The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 87

Thread: RAC Meeting - Rule changes? Proposed rules?

  1. #31
    Senior Member helencalif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    in the mountains at Lake Almanor, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    along with the departure of Nelson Sills, you have Bob Kennon Jr who has been on the RAC for 29 years and Bill Daley who has been there almost as long

    the new qualifications eliminate 95% of the people in the game

    1. at least 40+ judging points

    2. at least 20 years in the sport

    3. having titled a dog

    4. recently running a dog on the circuit

    I can name the possible nominees on one hand
    Chris Hatch qualifies #2, #3, #4. He probably also has 40 judging points, if they count minor stakes as well as major stakes. I don't know how many trials Chris has judged.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Kyle B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Chris Hatch qualifies #2, #3, #4. He probably also has 40 judging points, if they count minor stakes as well as major stakes. I don't know how many trials Chris has judged.
    Shayne probably qualifies also. Let's start a campaign.

  3. #33
    Senior Member FOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Somehow, I do not see you as being able to recognize the problem if it slapped you alongside the head - you are not a skeptic . It is there, abused by a few, but could be easily taken care of if the qualifications of those anointed as cream of the ruling class were properly vetted.
    Marvin,

    Really? I'm not as stupid as YOU may think...I do realize there are takers in this sport that abuse the rules, there are handlers out there who co-own more dogs than I'll own in a life time, I know there are handlers out there who never lift a finger to put on trial...yet I don't see how a few bad apples should be allowed to hose over the majority of those in the sport who do work their rear ends off...it's attitudes like yours that make me even wonder why I bother, you are pretty good at keeping the newer blood down....all hail Marvin, all knowing, all perfect, I'm so unworthy to have an opinion cause I'm not as wonderful and perfect as him....go pound sand and you can keep you over opinionated condescending attitude to yourself when it comes to your opinion of me and what I do or do not know, what I do or do not give back to the sport...

    Lainee Munhollon

    And FYI, many, many times I've just let your little back handed and rude comments in reference to me go....just figured you had nothing better to do than to make your self feel superior and you really weren't worth the brain damage, but ya know, I'm sick of it...you are nothing but an internet bully...get over your self importance, you are just as insignificant in this sport as I am, but at least I don't go around telling people they are with the hopes of making myself seem important.
    Last edited by FOM; 06-19-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

    Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

  4. #34
    Senior Member FOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Posts
    9,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
    Shayne probably qualifies also. Let's start a campaign.
    FREE SHAYNE!!! hahahahahahaha
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

    Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

  5. #35
    Senior Member DoubleHaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    N. Cackalacky
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I do realize there are takers in this sport that abuse the rules, there are handlers out there who co-own more dogs than I'll own in a life time, I know there are handlers out there who never lift a finger to put on trial...yet I don't see how a few bad apples should be allowed to hose over the majority of those in the sport who do work their rear ends off..
    Agreed. Don't let those folks get in your head and affect your love of the dogs and games.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Marvin,

    Really? I'm not as stupid as YOU may think...I do realize there are takers in this sport that abuse the rules, there are handlers out there who co-own more dogs than I'll own in a life time, I know there are handlers out there who never lift a finger to put on trial...yet I don't see how a few bad apples should be allowed to hose over the majority of those in the sport who do work their rear ends off...it's attitudes like yours that make me even wonder why I bother, you are pretty good at keeping the newer blood down....all hail Marvin, all knowing, all perfect, I'm so unworthy to have an opinion cause I'm not as wonderful and perfect as him....go pound sand and you can keep you over opinionated condescending attitude to yourself when it comes to your opinion of me and what I do or do not know, what I do or do not give back to the sport...

    Lainee Munhollon

    And FYI, many, many times I've just let your little back handed and rude comments in reference to me go....just figured you had nothing better to do than to make your self feel superior and you really weren't worth the brain damage, but ya know, I'm sick of it...you are nothing but an internet bully...get over your self importance, you are just as insignificant in this sport as I am, but at least I don't go around telling people that all the time with the hopes of making myself seem important.
    In keeping with your sig line theme of pig, "Never wrestle with a pig in the mud. The pig just loves it and you get all muddy."

    /Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  7. #37
    Senior Member BBnumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Falcon, CO
    Posts
    896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBell View Post
    Agreed that there will be those that push the 'exceptions' ruling also.

    With all due respect, Lainee, most of us aren't able to run our dogs when we judge anyway. You have the unique luxury of having a husband who can!
    Not as unique as you may think. There are at least 6 couples on our circuit that handle dogs, and in most cases both of them judge as well. I know of a bunch more that are not on our circuit also.
    -=#David

    Well, this started off as a really interesting thread. Too bad we couldn't keep it that way. (Rick_C 2009, Classic RTF)
    __________________________________________________ _
    Take what you get and thank them (the Judges) afterwards no matter what the outcome. (Moira Sheehan)

  8. #38
    Senior Member TBell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Piney Point on Sardis Lake, MS
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Yes, the sport does have many husband/wife teams too it seems. Personally I would never let me husband run my dog though!

    The sport is constantly changing sometimes for the better and sometimes not. These are simply issues that can be discussed sometimes civilly and sometimes NOT!

    The original purpose of the Amateur stake was to find the best dog that an Amateur could train. Times have changed much like America, but there are still Amateurs out there training their one special dog and beating the pants off of everyone including multidog handlers both pro and am! Cudos to them, as it makes it mean that much more!!

    I was simple bringing to light that many 4+ dog handler teams seem to be happening more frequently and whether it is a good direction for the Amateur stake to go. It is happening mostly in the Eastern regions, but be assured it will soon be coming to a region near you.

    I now realize that many of you simply aren't aware of it because you don't sit and view entries at every field trial in the country like I do. Since I enter the results and add field trial points per dog all by hand on FindRetrievers, I actually have to sit and look at the entries everyday. My labor of love is becoming tedious and frustrating at best, yet it gives breeders the information they need to find worthy dogs to better the breed. Most likely this will cease year end, as it is best to move on and find more fun and financially rewarding things to do with my time!

    For now at least the issue is being recognized and discussed.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Kyle B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBell View Post
    The original purpose of the Amateur stake was to find the best dog that an Amateur could train.
    I believe the original purpose of the Amateur stake was so that Amateur's could run their dogs on Sunday following the Open All-Age stake that was primarily run by professionals. I know there is more information on this if you search, but this article gives a fairly good historical reference. http://caninechronicle.com/current-a...he-early-days/

  10. #40
    Senior Member helencalif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    in the mountains at Lake Almanor, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBell View Post
    I was simple bringing to light that many 4+ dog handler teams seem to be happening more frequently and whether it is a good direction for the Amateur stake to go. It is happening mostly in the Eastern regions, but be assured it will soon be coming to a region near you.
    Tammy,
    Please clarify and explain. I don't know what you mean by 4+ dog handler teams. Being on the west coast, I don't know what is happening in the Eastern regions.

    Helen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •