The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: RAC Meeting - Rule changes? Proposed rules?

The AKC judging directory only goes back to 1998. I went to see how many Linda Erwin has judged. Since 1998, Linda has judged 22 stakes. (1 or 2 a year). I don't know how much judging she did prior to 1998. She may not qualify under the 40+ judging points criteria. She certainly qualifies for the rest.

Other than Arnie or Linda Erwin, I am scratching my head trying to come up with others.

PS - Robin Gulvin has judged 41 (major and minor) stakes since 1998.
    Last edited by helencalif; 06-21-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: to add Robin Gulvin

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    The AKC judging directory only goes back to 1998. I went to see how many Linda Erwin has judged. Since 1998, Linda has judged 22 stakes. (1 or 2 a year). I don't know how much judging she did prior to 1998. She may not qualify under the 40+ judging points criteria. She certainly qualifies for the rest.

Other than Arnie or Linda Erwin, I am scratching my head trying to come up with others.
    Don't you think someone who has judged 20 or 30 all age stakes is knowledgeable enough? Why do you think it needed to be 40? They had to set it somewhere... But they chose a pretty high number for a reason.
    Bill Davis

Bill,
    If the criteria had been, "judged 20 all age stakes in the past 15 years", I think that would have been a reasonable criteria. It means that the person would have 'recent' judging experience and would have to have judged more than 1 all age stake per year every year.

If their point system is counting only all age stakes to get to 40+, it is going to be darn tough finding a person who has done that. Linda Erwin has judged 22 stakes in 15 years -- that's counting judging minor and major stakes.

Setting the judging criteria so high, they must have a person in mind who they want to represent the Western Region on the RAC. It will be interesting to see who is appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Don't you think someone who has judged 20 or 30 all age stakes is knowledgeable enough? Why do you think it needed to be 40? They had to set it somewhere... But they chose a pretty high number for a reason.
    Probably chose it so Lanse doesnt qualify ....LMAO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Yes but Linda has been judging trials since the mid 70's (she is probably gonna hate me for revealing that stat)..She currently serves on the BOD for the Retriever News, and is well respected and not controversial pick

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Yes but Linda has been judging trials since the mid 70's (she is probably gonna hate me for revealing that stat)..She currently serves on the BOD for the Retriever News, and is well respected and not controversial pick
    "well respected and not controversial"... you are right about that!

Helen

Arnie and Linda have been running dogs as long as I have, they have both judge many more than the requirement. From the Pacific time zone Glenda Brown, Paul Foster, Sally Foster, Gary Zellner, Mel Milton, Pete Goodale, Gary Ahlgren come to mind
    Last edited by EdA; 06-21-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Arnie and Linda have been running dogs as long as I have, they have both judge many more than the requirement. From the Pacific time zone Glenda Brown, Paul Foster, Sally Foster, Gary Zellner, Mel Milton, Pete Goodale, Gary Ahlgren come to mind
    Bill Kolstad would qualify for sure and possibly Lorna Kolstad.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Bill Kolstad would qualify for sure and possibly Lorna Kolstad.
    They would also be a great choice.....How about Pat Nicholls ? anyone who has been entrusted to be a National judge as he was certainly has the qualifications to be on the RAC

Wendy Pennington comes close, has the 40 judging points and the 20+years in sport and is still running dogs, but has never titled a dog.
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH QAA