The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: RAC Meeting - Rule changes? Proposed rules?

Quote Originally Posted by TBell View Post

I was simple bringing to light that many 4+ dog handler teams seem to be happening more frequently and whether it is a good direction for the Amateur stake to go. It is happening mostly in the Eastern regions, but be assured it will soon be coming to a region near you.
    In the Northeast/Midatlantic we have a few amateurs with multiple dogs, but it's the same folks it has always been. We're more likely to hold a stake to wait for a pro or a sandbagger than an amateur with multiple dogs in multiple stakes.
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

As I understand it, but I could be wrong......The AKC is a club made up of MEMBER clubs, each of which is represented at its meetings by a delegate, for which there an arduous approval process by the AKC.

Within the structure of the AKC there are numerous committee posts some more important than others, comprised of the member/delegates, most with long standing membership appointments ... The RFTAC is one such committee .

With this in mind, I see no usefulness in even considering a person for RFTAC who is not already a member of a MEMBER club, and is one that if not already its delegate, one who the existing club delegate would be willing to step aside for.

Do the 40 point judges suggested in this thread meet this criteria?

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 06-30-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    As I understand it, but I could be wrong......The AKC is a club made up of MEMBER clubs, each of which is represented at its meetings by a delegate, for which there an arduous approval process by the AKC.
    Within the structure of the AKC there are numerous committee posts most with long standing membership appointments ... The RFTAC is one such committee .

With this in mind, I see no usefulness in even considering a person for RFTAC who is not already a member of a MEMBER club, and is one that if not already its delagate, one who the existing club deligat would be willing to step asside for.

john
    to answer your question that would be a Yes to those that I mentioned....BUT the other side of the coin would be that members of the RAC who are not affiliated with a specific club would actually be non biased and could not be accused of showing a bias toward a particular club..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    As I understand it, but I could be wrong......The AKC is a club made up of MEMBER clubs, each of which is represented at its meetings by a delegate, for which there an arduous approval process by the AKC.Within the structure of the AKC there are numerous committee posts some more important than others, comprised of the member/delegates, most with long standing membership appointments ... The RFTAC is one such committee .

With this in mind, I see no usefulness in even considering a person for RFTAC who is not already a member of a MEMBER club, and is one that if not already its delegate, one who the existing club delegate would be willing to step aside for.

john
    John,

Glenda Brown, Sally Foster, and Lorna Kolstad are members of an AKC member club. Wendy Pennington is also a member of the same club, but if she has not titled a dog, then would not qualify to be an RAC member representing the western region.
    Helen
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    to answer your question that would be a Yes to those that I mentioned....BUT the other side of the coin would be that members of the RAC who are not affiliated with a specific club would actually be non biased and could not be accused of showing a bias toward a particular club..

Correct me if I am wrong Bon ... Your answer in the affirmative means that you represent that those 40 point judges you have mentioned are already delegates to the AKC representing a member club
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

Here is a link that allows the user to search for AKC "member" clubs and to identify the delegate from that club
    Jeff Telander
    Durham, NC

FC AFC CT Broad Reach Devil Made Me Doit CD "Sinner"

Forever in my heart
    OTCh Broad Reach Diesel TD MH UDX2***
    CH Broad Reach Gripper UD MH
    OTCh R Labs Darth Wader TD JH
    OTCh Teracroft Topaz TD JH

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    John,

Glenda Brown, Sally Foster, and Lorna Kolstad are members of an AKC member club. Wendy Pennington is also a member of the same club, but if she has not titled a dog, then would not qualify to be an RAC member representing the western region.
    Helen

Good.....We are now getting closer to being able to consider them . What club (s) ?

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 06-30-2013 at 05:04 PM.