The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever have one of those days

Default Ever have one of those days

Ever have one of those days training where nothing you did seemed to work out as planned and neither you or your dog were having much fun? Made me wonder why I didn't just stay home and mow the lawn. At least something productive would have taken place.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

Been there. lol
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Done that.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

been there done that, too, but then 2 weeks later the poor boy was diagnosed with pneumonia which apparently had been his "issue" the day we were having problems. Just got the go-ahead today to go back to training.
    Sometimes I wish they could talk so they could tell us WHY they're having such a bad day. "Geez lady, I can't breathe right, I'm exhausted, cut me some slack here...."

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Been there, done that often lately...feels like more sessions than not here. Few frustrating sessions have abruptly ended on the smallest of positives and then we head home so I can mow the yard. Rather take the frustration out on the yard than my YLF
    Somedays there might be a good explanation like an underlying medical cause or operator error (I make mistakes from time to time), but other times I chalk it up to variance...go do something fun, start fresh tomorrow or the next day.
    Matt
    Matthew Ries, Pharm.D.

Poole's Matador's Maggie May (04/14/2012 - Present)
    Lacakota Super Magnum (02/20/2002 - 07/2010)

So glad Tito is better!

Claudia

Dawn - must be the phase of the moon, had the same thing happen Sunday training with Tony Schuko and a friend that comes up from Louisiana for the summer. From start to finish, everything was a cluster. Just one of those days.
    Art

Would you like to borrow Archie? He puts everything in perspective-no such thing as a bad day when you are on the right side of the grass-is his motto. That and getting peed on......anyway chin up tomorrow is another day. Start over.

The worst part is realizing it was my fault. Dumb set-ups in the field we used the day before with suction from old blinds or marks and scent. Not realizing it til it's too late. The list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by ArtC View Post
    Dawn - must be the phase of the moon, had the same thing happen Sunday training with Tony Schuko and a friend that comes up from Louisiana for the summer. From start to finish, everything was a cluster. Just one of those days.
    Art
    Actually there is a moon coming. It is supposed to be a "Super Moon". Trust me, all the dogs turn into complete idiots during full moons. The good dogs turn naughty and the bad ones either get worse or halfway decent.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    CH. Justa Gingersnap CGC - Ginger Shiba Inu

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!