The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Where did thr pra unread go?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,655

    Default Where did the pra thread go?

    Had a ton of great info, used to be a sticky now gone?

    /Paul
    Last edited by Gun_Dog2002; 06-22-2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  2. #2
    Senior Member windycanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    Really? That is a shame. I thought it did a lot of good in getting folks to realize that PRA wasn't just a show dog issue. Boo hiss.

  3. #3
    Senior Member copterdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NW IL
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windycanyon View Post
    Really? That is a shame. I thought it did a lot of good in getting folks to realize that PRA wasn't just a show dog issue. Boo hiss.
    It's also a Pointing Lab issue.

    At least it's still not a real Lab issue.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Vicky Trainor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com
    Posts
    3,372
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"
    ____________________________________________
    Training is not science, it is art. A blend of this, a measure of that, a deep breath at the appropriate moment and always a loving touch.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JusticeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    Well if PRA is not going to be a sticky I guess EIC should be taken down as well. Obviously, these genetic tests that are important in our retriever breeds are no longer important on rtf. Besides, eic is not verified, and what people post is not always truthful.
    Susan

    FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Well if PRA is not going to be a sticky I guess EIC should be taken down as well. Obviously, these genetic tests that are important in our retriever breeds are no longer important on rtf. Besides, eic is not verified, and what people post is not always truthful.
    If requests are being taken, I would like to see PRA as a sticky again. I think it is an insidious and devastating disease and should remain on top of everyone's minds, and therefore on top of the forum.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  7. #7
    Senior Member JusticeDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Illinois/Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    If requests are being taken, I would like to see PRA as a sticky again. I think it is an insidious and devastating disease and should remain on top of everyone's minds, and therefore on top of the forum.
    You are very right Greta. And it is also something preventable. Just like EIC. So IMHO, if one goes they should both go.
    Susan

    FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    You are very right Greta. And it is also something preventable. Just like EIC. So IMHO, if one goes they should both go.
    I agree they both should stay.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fall City, WA
    Posts
    4,622

    Default

    utt-oh....I smell another poll coming on lol..

  10. #10
    Senior Member windycanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    It's also a Pointing Lab issue.

    At least it's still not a real Lab issue.
    Here's the thing copterdoc.... ends up my PRA carrier was from field lines (and yes, the bad gene MAY have come from a Kellogg dog or whatever, but we have no way of knowing, there were also some duals that combined field / show back then too!). And another field friend produced PRA--- Field stud + blended line bitch. So whatever you are calling "real" Labs, I'm glad you have them. You're clean and so therefore, must feel you don't have to test, is that right?

    To me, it's a serious issue, and I won't even consider breeding to an untested dog at this point.

    PS, not to mention the Golden folks now realize they have an issue, and the Chessie folks have had it for a long time plus so many other breeds that aren't as "popular" here. Not just a Lab thing at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •