The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Alright you pesky new kids. Wanna know why The RTF is COOL? Wanna Know Why We Are Fam

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    90% of the time the issues have nothing to do with the janitor. I think that's why people don't see a need to make apologies to someone who had nothing to do with what is usually an argument or name calling. Silly concept to have to apologize to someone for no reason?
    Let's look at this another way: A few guys get into a fight in their "regular" bar that they've gone to for years. This happens a few times, and finally the owner of said bar tells the guys not to come back. Who should they talk to if they want to go back to that bar? Not each other or the other patrons.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Potter View Post
    Let's look at this another way: A few guys get into a fight in their "regular" bar that they've gone to for years. This happens a few times, and finally the owner of said bar tells the guys not to come back. Who should they talk to if they want to go back to that bar? Not each other or the other patrons.
    If the owner says your are out you are out. The only person they can go back to is the owner and beg. They ruined it for themselves! IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    Pink Lady

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

I've seen plenty of those "instant expert" posts. I prefer to ignore them....they're pretty obvious and often done just for the attention...if ignored, they go away. .....
    Separate the grain from the chaff, so to speak.
    Unfortunately it's not that easy. While you may know who to ignore, new people who genuinely are seeking sound advice don't. And dogs are harmed because of it.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

What is the old saying; You can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that easy. While you may know who to ignore, new people who genuinely are seeking sound advice don't. And dogs are harmed because of it.

I absolutely agree. That's when it's helpful for several knowledgeable folks to jump in and set things straight...kindly.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Team Huntsmith

I absolutely agree. That's when it's helpful for several knowledgeable folks to jump in and set things straight...kindly.

Well, we have lost some great resources on this board because they were Not treated kindly. And I know you are well aware of this. And recently as well. not just from the banned. So, they won 't come back here and post. And the perpetrator, they say, "we'll, I was only kidding"

I call B.S. on that behavior. The truly knowledgable are dwindling.

I have to say I am surprised at some of you who wanting the hating to continue.
    Last edited by JusticeDog; 06-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeDog View Post
    Well, we have lost some great resources on this board because they were Not treated kindly. And I know you are well aware of this. And recently as well. not just from the banned. So, they won 't come back here and post. And the perpetrator, they say, "we'll, I was only kidding"

I call B.S. on that behavior. The truly knowledgable are dwindling.
    We have lost some very knowledgeable and thought-provoking people, and I miss them too. And it would be sad to lose more. So, how about we all try this? If you look below anyone's avatar, at the bottom edge there's a little black triangle with an exclamation point in the center. When someone gets out of line, just hit that button on the offending post, and it gets reported to the moderators to be dealt with. Personally, I'd delete the offensive or over-the-top stuff in a heartbeat, but since I'm not nor do I want to be in that moderator position, it's not my call.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Team Huntsmith

We have lost some very knowledgeable and thought-provoking people, and I miss them too. And it would be sad to lose more. So, how about we all try this? If you look below anyone's avatar, at the bottom edge there's a little black triangle with an exclamation point in the center. When someone gets out of line, just hit that button on the offending post, and it gets reported to the moderators to be dealt with. Personally, I'd delete the offensive or over-the-top stuff in a heartbeat, but since I'm not nor do I want to be in that moderator position, it's not my call.
    By the time the triangle is hit, the person has decided not to come back. And I have hit the triangle and have heard nothing. Nothing was done on the offensive behavior either. Again reality is not always as easy as it seems.
    Susan

Sharon, I appreciate your intentions, but forgive me if i say that sounds like a recipe for mayhem! I can see it now, every time person X makes a post, person Y and all his cronies report that post as offensive. You think they wouldn't? Oops, now you have probably given some of them the idea! I would not want to be one of the mods if they have to chase down every so called offender. Let's just keep using our ignore option to avoid those that we know are going to pi** us off!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

just for the sake of discussion for those that want amnesty, what do you suggest happen to the banned members that went on to harrass the janitor at home or continued to berate him on other forums and social networks
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"