Overweight - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overweight

Haha I meant POOPED! Lol. And she has been boarded 2x before but it has been awhile. She is also used to training 3-5 days a week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by boyetthunter View Post
    Haha I meant POOPED! Lol. And she has been boarded 2x before but it has been awhile. She is also used to training 3-5 days a week.
    Did you tell them how much to feed her? I am very specific at the "spa" where my seniors stay as they just have a set amount based on size. That amount would be double what my old guy with low thyroid(on meds) gets. The younger 2 stay at a field training place that also does some boarding but again I bring their food and tell them an amount( I cut them both back 1/2 cup per meal) when boarding.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI. (RIP)
    teracroft Clan Piper of Perth CGC TDI (RIP)
    Boyne's Fast Break of Perth RN CGC ( munchin in training)

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Any chance she went a week without pooping?

Is she accustomed to being boarded?

JS
    That's what I would wonder. A little extra food, an unfamiliar environment, and no exercise...

One of my dogs will poop anywhere if it's that time of the day--the other hates, hates, hates to poop in a kennel run. He needs to get out and stretch a bit. Otherwise, it can be a loooonnnnnnnnggggggg time.

Does the boarding facility have a "report card" that includes the Poop on the Poop?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus "Atticus" MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk "Raven" MH

and introducing...
    Swooped in and Stole My Heart "Cooper"

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I told them that she gets 2 cups 2x a day because I previously had trouble keeping weight on her. But she will not be boarded at this particular place again. I like the advice about cutting back at least a 1/2 cup when boarding. Thank you!
    HRCH Bear Branch Simply Amazing Grace MH (FC AFC Espirits Power Play x Viking Calamity Kate MH)

Bullet's Hit The Mark-Shooter(NFC Robbers Stray Bullet x Princeton's Katy Did It QAA)

SLR's Big Green Smash-Hulk (FC/AFC Good Ideas Have It Your Way x Five Stars Making the Grade QAA)

To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often- Winston Churchill