The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overweight

Haha I meant POOPED! Lol. And she has been boarded 2x before but it has been awhile. She is also used to training 3-5 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by boyetthunter View Post
    Haha I meant POOPED! Lol. And she has been boarded 2x before but it has been awhile. She is also used to training 3-5 days a week.
    Did you tell them how much to feed her? I am very specific at the "spa" where my seniors stay as they just have a set amount based on size. That amount would be double what my old guy with low thyroid(on meds) gets. The younger 2 stay at a field training place that also does some boarding but again I bring their food and tell them an amount( I cut them both back 1/2 cup per meal) when boarding.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Any chance she went a week without pooping?

Is she accustomed to being boarded?

JS
    That's what I would wonder. A little extra food, an unfamiliar environment, and no exercise...

One of my dogs will poop anywhere if it's that time of the day--the other hates, hates, hates to poop in a kennel run. He needs to get out and stretch a bit. Otherwise, it can be a loooonnnnnnnnggggggg time.

Does the boarding facility have a "report card" that includes the Poop on the Poop?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I told them that she gets 2 cups 2x a day because I previously had trouble keeping weight on her. But she will not be boarded at this particular place again. I like the advice about cutting back at least a 1/2 cup when boarding. Thank you!
    HRCH Bear Branch Simply Amazing Grace

To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often- Winston Churchill