The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Recall

Default Colorado Recall

In order to force a recall vote, the Secretary of State needs 7,178 valid signatures. Gun-rights supporters handed in over 16,000 signatures, with more than 10,000 coming from the El Paso Freedom Defense Committee alone.
    John Morse (D., Colorado Springs), the state senate president who led the charge for gun control, has just become the first-ever Colorado state legislator to be subject to a recall.
    At this point, three things can happen: Morse has 15 days to challenge the signatures; or, if that protest fails, the governor must set a recall election to take place between 45 to 75 days from the end of the protest period; or Morse can resign. In that event, Democrats, who control the Colorado legislature, can appoint a successor. Since Morse had already indicated that he planned to retire, he might exercise that third option. Nevertheless, the gun-rights challenge against him is attracting national attention.
    They're still gathering signatures for the recall of Democrat state senator, Angela Giron, of Pueblo, Colorado.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

recalling a state senate member is one thing but it wont do much to get the legislation that he put through to change...look at Calif. when they recalled Gray Davis in favor of the Governator Arnold..it was just a horse of a different color
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The recalls in Wi could have gone the wrong way but instead our schools are spending a little wiser and taxes are going down. Some schools are having their first surpluses in a long time. Massive recalls on singular issues are very expensive for the taxpayers, but send very clear messages to those facing recall. I hope that Co residents can regain some of their rights thru this.

The early voting for the Colorado recall election was yesterday. High turnouts are being reported.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Also, interesting to note that a large effort in Northern Colorado is underway, to split the state into two states. The people living in the Northern half of Colorado have just about had it with the Liberals in Denver, Pueblo and areas in the Southern part of the state. Same thing going on in Northern California.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Also, interesting to note that a large effort in Northern Colorado is underway, to split the state into two states. The people living in the Northern half of Colorado have just about had it with the Liberals in Denver, Pueblo and areas in the Southern part of the state. Same thing going on in Northern California.....
    I read that a few counties in southern Oregon might join the California group ( they hope so anyway ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Your grasp of geography obviously is no better than your grasp of history

Giron and Morse recalled.

The voting for Morse was close. All the $ went into his district since his district is not heavily Democrat. That may have made a difference.

Meanwhile, since Giron's district WAS heavily Democrat, she had more $ than the R challenger, but evidently there was some complacency there ... but a grass roots movement had her lose by a 56-44 margin. Hmm ... wonder if some of those Democrats are not so liberal when it comes to their gun rights?

Gotta love those plumbers ...

It’s doubtful that anyone foresaw Ms. Giron losing by the larger margin, given her heavily Democratic Senate district. In addition, the Giron recall was run by three plumbers in their 20s on a shoestring budget who seemed to have no chance against the Democrat’s sophisticated media campaign.

Mr. Morse dismissed the leader of the Pueblo recall drive, 28-year-old Victor Head, as an “unemployed plumber” in an interview Friday on MSNBC.

After the election results were announced Tuesday, Mr. Head, who runs his family’s plumbing business, came back with a response.

“And I have a message for John Morse: who’s unemployed now?” said Mr. Head, according to the Pueblo Chieftain.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2eb9Bsq6u

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...n_control.html
    Has a good video of an interview with the Sheriff of El Paso County in Colorado.

This helps explain why both Rs and Ds would have voted to recall these particular legislators. Most of the sheriffs in Colorado were against these bills. Sheriff Maketa explains why. These bills were not what they appeared to be by the names of the bills.

The legislators also attempted to pressure the sheriff's by implying that legislation for the pay of sheriff's might be negatively impacted by their opposition to these laws.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com