The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Looking for trainers in Ohio or Kentucky?

Default Looking for trainers in Ohio or Kentucky?

Does anyone know of a trainer in Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana that would be able to help me out on Handling?

Thanks

Can you be more specific? Are you looking to send your dog in for training or trying to get help yourself training the dog? Where are you located?
    We shoot dogs with a Canon

I am looking for both, either someone that will set me straight or if I can afford to send him off for a couple of months. He has his JH and I have been teaching him casting. He gets confused when there is more than one bumper out there and I direct to which one I want him to retrieve. I would like him to be able to do short blinds before duck season.

Thanks DogTrainer,

This helps me alot and I may get in contact with you, If I can sell my duck boat then I should be able to afford the training. Tell me do you do a daily or weekend rates to help me get on the right path so I can continue the training myself? Sorry but had to ask. I do believe if I can be shown what to work on I can do it. Remeber I am only a hunter and not a field trial-er.

Thanks in advance

Duck Hunter 12 you can call Jim Manson, Stillwater Kennels, Covington, OH. Over 25 years training for trials and gun dogs. Reasonable rates.

Quote Originally Posted by duck hunter12 View Post
    Thanks DogTrainer,

This helps me alot and I may get in contact with you, If I can sell my duck boat then I should be able to afford the training. Tell me do you do a daily or weekend rates to help me get on the right path so I can continue the training myself? Sorry but had to ask. I do believe if I can be shown what to work on I can do it. Remeber I am only a hunter and not a field trial-er.

Thanks in advance
    Not a problem, daily rates are available for training, whether for the marks or yard work training.
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

Mitch White with Gamekeeper Retrievers is awesome. He is definitely an owners trainer as he is all about helping you learn to run your dog. He offers private lessons also and does seminars .

http://www.gamekprs.com/
    Nicole

Trained by:
    AKC CH pointed USJ HR U-GRCH Fish Dog's Playing in the Kona Surf MH CGC "Kona"
    WindyCanyon's Don't Stop Believin JH " Journey"- Heathen in training
    Folly Hill's Crazy Train @ Triple Threat " Ozzy"
    www.triplethreatretrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by kona's mom View Post
    Mitch White with Gamekeeper Retrievers is awesome. He is definitely an owners trainer as he is all about helping you learn to run your dog. He offers private lessons also and does
    seminars .

http://www.gamekprs.com/
    Thanks for the info. Konos mom

If you haven't found a trainer give me a call. I have a few names I can give u. 731-445-1879. And if u haven't sold ur duck boat I might be interested in it. Can u send pic?

Is that number your cell phone or do you want to send the pics to an email.