The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Default Zimmerman

Well, they have picked the jury. Only 6 people on the jury. I thought that juries for serious crimes were usually 9. Jury is also all women. I think he is doomed. I don't think many women have much appreciation for what can happen in a physical confrontation. I think that women will be more likely to be sympathetic to what will be portrayed as a sweet kid.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

[QUOTE=HPL;1117796 I think that women will be more likely to be sympathetic to what will be portrayed as a sweet kid.[/QUOTE]

TV channels are still showing photos of Travon Martin when he was 12 and 15 years old. I did not realize how tall and how big he actually was until a channel showed a photo of him taken in the 7-11 store when he bought the Skittles. He was very tall, he was very big -- taller and bigger than Zimmerman was at the time. Now Zimmerman looks like a big, strong weight lifter. His size now isn't going to help him out at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, they have picked the jury. Only 6 people on the jury. I thought that juries for serious crimes were usually 9. Jury is also all women. I think he is doomed. I don't think many women have much appreciation for what can happen in a physical confrontation. I think that women will be more likely to be sympathetic to what will be portrayed as a sweet kid.
    You may be surprised. They may be seeing Zimmerman as the victum of a bad set of circumstances. Who knows how people will add things up in their own mind. Casey Anthony case comes to mind. O. J. Simpson case comes to mind also. I know that this case is very different than those cases but they have one thing in common............a jury. At least one of those women will see the Martin kid as a big, young, scary, black man. Not sure how they will see Zimmerman but this jury will not be free of bias.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Juror B51 was the one who said that she hadn't been living under a rock, so, of course, had heard about the case. Straight-forward, no-nonsense reply. She is one of those selected for the jury.

Here in PA a jury is 12 people. I was really surprised there were only 6 for this case.

I agree with charly ... I think the women might be a very good jury for Zimmerman.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

As I understand it, the prosecution twice attempted to issue a peremptory challenge and the defense objected on the basis that the prosecution had no reason other than the sex of the juror. So, the prosecutor is publicly known to object to one third of the jury. It takes all six jurors to convict and something says to me....they don't have it.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    As I understand it, the prosecution twice attempted to issue a peremptory challenge and the defense objected on the basis that the prosecution had no reason other than the sex of the juror. So, the prosecutor is publicly known to object to one third of the jury. It takes all six jurors to convict and something says to me....they don't have it.
    Joke...........most people know that you can't get 6 women to all agree on much of anything.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Judge has ruled there will be no audio experts testifing in reguard to the I.D. of the person heard yelling for help on the 911 tape. Saw a photo of Zimmerman taken while his lawyer was questioning a prospective jury member. Very happy looking man Mr. Zimmerman.
    charly

~Will Rogers~

Ya well Zimmermans council appears to be a idiot...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...med-guiltocent

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Ya well Zimmermans council appears to be a idiot...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...med-guiltocent

/Paul
    It does look that way at this tme. Not sure what the man may have up his sleeve.
    charly

~Will Rogers~

we were chatting about it today at work. About the heavy black girl on the stand who was chatting with Tray when he was under attack. Some said she was not the best, on the stand. But we all took note of how Tray discribed Zim. "A Creepy-Ass Cracker is following me" He did not say a neighborhood watch officer was following him. Nor did he say a police officer was following him. Nay, a creepy-ass cracker. He (Zim) did not walk right up and ID himself as we all say we would have done. It is what I would have done. All he had to do was have a chat with Tray. Find out he lived two building down and was on a skittle run. But no. I have maintained from the start this Paul Blart Wanna-be went hunting that eve.
    Hope he don't skate!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin