The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

right next to my choke chain
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Pop quiz....

If Trayvon was white and Zimm was black, would it be handled differently ?

If they where both black , would this be handled differently ?
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Yes and Yes.
    and that in itself is sad.
    media driven it is.
    and, from what I am being told about Florida law and fear of life and how it does not matter whom the starter of the fight was....
    that also is sad.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    Pop quiz....

If Trayvon was white and Zimm was black, would it be handled differently ?

If they where both black , would this be handled differently ?

Both black, no media coverage at all.

Travon white, Zim black....media coverage for 5 minutes then forgotten when the next story comes along...

Remember the reporter in Baltimore that got beat up by the gang of black kids (with skittles) at the traffic light? Swept under the rug... Almost instantly.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Both black, no media coverage at all.

Travon white, Zim black....media coverage for 5 minutes then forgotten when the next story comes along...

Remember the reporter in Baltimore that got beat up by the gang of black kids (with skittles) at the traffic light? Swept under the rug... Almost instantly.
    My thoughts exactly Bill. Racism is one sided in America.

And on a side noted I burnt my bacon this morning with my Paula Dean skillet.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No, which probably proves your point.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I was more than willing to say that if his story holds true then he should walk. Unfortunately his story has more than a few issues IMO.

1: He claimed to be the one screaming and while pounding Z's head T tried to cover his mouth. There was no DNA on T's hands.
    2: The neighbor mentioned earlier that said T was straddling Z confirmed the downward blows of T pounding Z also stated he saw nothing like T slamming Z's head.
    3:The defense claims T sucker punched Z. The girl T was on the phone with said there was a verbal confrontation followed by the scuffle. The verbal altercation was also heard by the other witnesses. That is why they knew something was going on before the gunshot.
    4: Z claimed T was going for his gun yet there was no DNA to back that claim on the gun or the holster.
    5: The other witness who came out after the gunshot spoke about how calm Z was. This is odd considering he was supposedly just getting pounded, smothered and having his head pounded into the concrete to where Z feared for his life.
    6 After all that happened in #5 Z was able to immediately jump on T and spread him out. I would think that getting pounded as he claimed Z would be dazed considerably and unable to do as he claims. He also wouldn't have had the presence of mind to interrupt the witness who he asked to call his wife who was trying to break the news and telling him to just tell her he shot someone. Because he was dazed from getting his head pounded.
    7: My wife fell dismounting her bike recently. The damage to her knee and the bruise on her hip and arm far exceeded the damage to the back of Z's head. His nose was another story.

I personally don't believe mister Zimmerman is telling the truth and the witnesses seem to corroborate that to a great degree. He is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Olliedog View Post
    I was more than willing to say that if his story holds true then he should walk. Unfortunately his story has more than a few issues IMO.

1: He claimed to be the one screaming and while pounding Z's head T tried to cover his mouth. There was no DNA on T's hands.
    2: The neighbor mentioned earlier that said T was straddling Z confirmed the downward blows of T pounding Z also stated he saw nothing like T slamming Z's head.
    3:The defense claims T sucker punched Z. The girl T was on the phone with said there was a verbal confrontation followed by the scuffle. The verbal altercation was also heard by the other witnesses. That is why they knew something was going on before the gunshot.
    4: Z claimed T was going for his gun yet there was no DNA to back that claim on the gun or the holster.
    5: The other witness who came out after the gunshot spoke about how calm Z was. This is odd considering he was supposedly just getting pounded, smothered and having his head pounded into the concrete to where Z feared for his life.
    6 After all that happened in #5 Z was able to immediately jump on T and spread him out. I would think that getting pounded as he claimed Z would be dazed considerably and unable to do as he claims. He also wouldn't have had the presence of mind to interrupt the witness who he asked to call his wife who was trying to break the news and telling him to just tell her he shot someone. Because he was dazed from getting his head pounded.
    7: My wife fell dismounting her bike recently. The damage to her knee and the bruise on her hip and arm far exceeded the damage to the back of Z's head. His nose was another story.

I personally don't believe mister Zimmerman is telling the truth and the witnesses seem to corroborate that to a great degree. He is in trouble.
    I don't think "Z" is being honest either. Some of the things coming to light are very revealing.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I have read more than once that shows like CSI have made things very hard in the courtroom because on those shows, there is always DNA evidence and it is always definitive when in reality, that is simply not the case. I haven't read every statement that Zimmerman has given nor have I heard all the testimony, but so far it seems to me that there is plenty of reason to believe that Trayvon's friend's opinion could have been clouded and her voice identification could have been mistaken (Get off!, get off!). Cell phones don't always provide the best sound. Not likely that the actual eye witness couldn't tell who was on top, nor that the physical evidence as observed by the police was completely wrong, so since doubt goes to the defense, so far I'm scoring in favor of Zimmerman. Shoot, I want him to walk just to see the rantings of Sharpton, Jackson, Waters, and whoever that black woman in the pink cowboy hat was. The riots will be epic!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    No, which probably proves your point.
    It was actually in Norfolk, VA and the skittles reference was sarcasm... Here's a link

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/beat...and-brambleton
    Bill Davis