The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Watched a little of Mama Trayvon's testimony this morning wherein she claimed that the screaming for help on the dispatcher's tape was definitely her little angel. While I somewhat agree with Ken's premise that Zimmerman had gone hunting on the night in question, it's very obvious to me that the main hunting going on, came after Z was arrested. And that is a witch hunt for more ingredients to add to the boiling cauldron of race baiting, the new national pastime.
    The bolded is Spot on Julie.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

So no expert testimony is allowed, but TM's mother' opinion is?

Quote Originally Posted by cripes View Post
    Supposedly the FBI analyst who said that technology could not identify the voice did say that someone who knew the person could identify the voice.

Of course, Z's mother said much the same thing; as did his uncle (I think it was an uncle, maybe brother?). It would appear that these testimonies would balance each other out. If only one of them can be correct, obviously one of them is mistaken in identifying their "child's" voice.

Martin became her "angel" in court, but hadn't he come to live with his father because mom was having issues with his behaviour?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Supposedly the FBI analyst who said that technology could not identify the voice did say that someone who knew the person could identify the voice.

Of course, Z's mother said much the same thing; as did his uncle (I think it was an uncle, maybe brother?). It would appear that these testimonies would balance each other out. If only one of them can be correct, obviously one of them is mistaken in identifying their "child's" voice.

Martin became her "angel" in court, but hadn't he come to live with his father because mom was having issues with his behaviour?
    It is strange how people are seen by relatives and friends ( especially if they have died ). Both "T" and "Z" seem to have made some mistakes in earlier times. Of course who knows if what we are reading or being told is the truth. Hopefullly the judge and jury have been blessed by God with common sense
    and wisdom. And hopefully the judge and jury get to hear enough of the truth to make a fair call.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by cripes View Post
    Also, how Martins parents are allowed in court (even though his mom was called as a witness), but Zimmerman's parents are not allowed in court as spectators because they were being called as witnesses?? How does that work? Maybe someone who knows something about FL law can explain that one to me?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

I don't think they should balance each other out... I don't think any of them should even be considered (on either side). What else were any of them going to say?

If anything, the judge should have allowed the voice expert (or maybe two). But not the families...
    Bill Davis

The Zimmerman trial is already over

Prosecutors in the George Zimmerman second degree murder trial have pushed hard on two points as they seek to make their case against him: that the injuries to Zimmerman on the night Trayvon Martin died were “insignificant” and that he had studied Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law in a college class in 2010.

To win conviction on second-degree murder, the prosecution has to show that the death was caused by a criminal act “demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    This is why I have a problem with trial by media and trial by politics. Once the political machine spins up and gets the general public stirred up without all the facts, bad things happen. Than when a veridic is reached that counters what the political machine and media have preached, riots start, innocent people are killed, personal property is destroyed and lives are ruined. All because of trial by politics and media.

ALL OF THIS IS IN THE NAME OF GETTING THE SCOOP AND RATINGS WHICH TRANSLATES TO MONEY.

My opinion

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    This is why I have a problem with trial by media and trial by politics. Once the political machine spins up and gets the general public stirred up without all the facts, bad things happen. Than when a veridic is reached that counters what the political machine and media have preached, riots start, innocent people are killed, personal property is destroyed and lives are ruined. All because of trial by politics and media.

ALL OF THIS IS IN THE NAME OF GETTING THE SCOOP AND RATINGS WHICH TRANSLATES TO MONEY.

My opinion

Richard
    Agreed... Or worse, the jury pool is so tainted that you can't get an honest jury. Sure, they have six women who say they are impartial... But, this thing could still be a total mess not based on th evidence at all. Remember Casey Anthony?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Agreed... Or worse, the jury pool is so tainted that you can't get an honest jury. Sure, they have six women who say they are impartial... But, this thing could still be a total mess not based on th evidence at all. Remember Casey Anthony?
    My point exactly. That was the biggest circus in the last 30 years. How pitiful.

Richard