The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Personally I don't have an opinion. There were really only two people who knew what happened that day. One of them is dead. We may or may not have heard the truth from Z. Who can say? I believe that anyone taking sides, regardless of which side they come down on, is taking that side based on a political agenda.
    The jury did not "take a side". They simply reviewed the evidence and reached a legal conclusion based on that evidence. We, as bystanders, can only take the side of rule of law.

I will admit that I believed that Z was guilty of poor judgment. So was Martin. Had Z been ruled guilty, I would have had to accept that the jury did the best they could with the evidence. I also believed that OJ was guilty, but the jury said he wasn't.

Holder is the one taking a side. He has no evidence of racial elements to this event, so he's opened up a hotline to see if he can find any. He seems bound and determined to make this a racial matter in any way he can.

Why is it so hard for us all to admit ... whatever our race, religion, ethnic origins ... there are lots of good people and there are some rotten apples in every group. Individuals in any group can be slimeballs ... or saints ... or anything in between.

When I hear Holder's inflammatory speeches, I begin to believe the conspiracy theorists who speculate if rioting in the streets can be fomented, that would give cause for martial law. If Obama does not restrain Holder, it can only be interpreted as tacit agreement with Holder. JMO.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Did you know that State Attorney Angela Corey is a Republican? And that she has ties to Gov. Rick Scott? Knowing Angela Corey's record, it would seem that she was one of the worst choices for prosecuting this case. National Review has an interesting article that ends with:
    At the crucial moment, required to choose between dutiful officials and the growing mob, Florida’s Republican leaders buckled.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...tuttle?splash=

I also did not recall that Martin's attorneys originally stated that Rachel Jeantel was "Martin's girlfriend", and that she was a minor of 16 yrs of age, and her name was "DeeDee". Rachel is 18. Did Rachel tell them she was 16?

Did anyone actually see the whole interview with Rachel by Piers Morgan? I've seen a few clips, but never saw the whole interview.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Paul, it has also been reported that he mentored black kids, and even continued mentoring them after the program was "officially" over.

Since the article mentions there are black members of his family, wonder how come the media didn't label him "white Hispanic black"?

This is not "new" news. This has been known for a long while.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Did you know that State Attorney Angela Corey is a Republican? And that she has ties to Gov. Rick Scott? Knowing Angela Corey's record, it would seem that she was one of the worst choices for prosecuting this case. National Review has an interesting article that ends with:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...tuttle?splash=

I also did not recall that Martin's attorneys originally stated that Rachel Jeantel was "Martin's girlfriend", and that she was a minor of 16 yrs of age, and her name was "DeeDee". Rachel is 18. Did Rachel tell them she was 16?

Did anyone actually see the whole interview with Rachel by Piers Morgan? I've seen a few clips, but never saw the whole interview.
    Could only stand to watch a little bit of one or two of the clips. Can't stand Piers and find Rachel hard to listen too also.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Paul, it has also been reported that he mentored black kids, and even continued mentoring them after the program was "officially" over.

Since the article mentions there are black members of his family, wonder how come the media didn't label him "white Hispanic black"?

This is not "new" news. This has been known for a long while.
    Known, but not widely or loudly reported.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._national.html The info for this article was acquired by FOI by Judicial Watch.

Maybe part of the answer as to why this case became a national issue.

Martin's uncle served on the executive committee of the Miami-Dade Community Relations Board there. Since Sanford had no such Board of its own, Miami-Dade ended up filling in.
    Ronald Fulton is on the executive committee of the Community Relations Board (CRB) of Miami-Dade County. The stated mission of the Community Relations [COLOR=#11B000 !important]Board[/COLOR] of Miami-Dade County reads in part: "The primary mission of the Community Relations Board is to intervene and contain community tensions, as quickly as possible." The CRB is part of a larger section of the Miami-Dade government known as the Office of Community Advocacy whose mission statement reads: "The Office of Community Advocacy (OCAd) is charged with making Miami-Dade County "One Community" that embraces our diverse enriched and unique population."

It quotes an email that was sent to the local Office of Community Relations, then further states:

Approximately one hour after this email was sent it was forwarded by OCAd to Mildred Duprey de Robles, the head of the Miami [COLOR=#11B000 !important]field[/COLOR] office of the CRS and to Thomas Battles, the head of the regional CRS office. After contact was made with the CRS, Mr. Fulton's name only appears in four other emails, all of which relate essentially the same information.
    Remembering that the CRS, part of DOJ, was the agency that helped organize the rallies against Zimmerman.
    The article concludes:

To be sure, there were others both inside and outside of government who were trying to shine a light on this incident. However, Mr.Fulton's seat on the Executive Committee of the local Community Relations Board played no small part in the Trayvon Martin story going from local to regional and then to national levels.

G.Clinchy@gmail.com

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...burglary-tool/

If this is true and correct, this young man should have been in juvenile detention instead of suspended from school and on the streets at night; this incident would have never happened. I think that this is where the justice system failed him and not the recent trial.

It surprised me to hear that Charles Barkley spoke out on this as he did. I don't follow NBA, but even I have heard of Charles Barkley. My perception, from what little I knew, was that he was one of the "bad boys" with a short fuse on his temper. Seems he's more thoughtful now that he's more mature. Maybe Obama should have asked Barkley to write his post-trial speech?

http://freebeacon.com/charles-barkle...erman-verdict/

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
    July 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Ex-NBA star Charles Barkley said he agreed with the George Zimmerman verdict Thursday on CNBC’s “Closing Bell.”
    Barkley noted simply based on the evidence presented in the trial he did not believe there was enough to convict Zimmerman and “send him to jail for the rest of his life.”
    The media’s coverage of the trial drew harsh criticism from Barkley as well, who stated he felt the case was presented in a way to advance a “hidden agenda.”
    The former power forward also lamented that the trial afforded black and white racists “a platform to vent their ignorance.”
    Barkley concluded that the confrontation between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman was a terrible situation “where we all lost.”
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

That's not turrible.