The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Even if he was the initial aggressor, once he backed off, that does not let the other person go ahead and attack him. Nor does it mean he then has no right to defending his life. Had both backed off, nobody would be dead. Carrying a gun does not create a need for self defense. That need was created by Martin following through with his attack, which is inline with his nature although my understanding they won't allow that submitted as evidence to the jury. As well, the police officer testified that it is not against the law to approach someone and ask what they are doing. Calling that an aggressive attack is not inline with the law.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    HPL, there's something wrong with your keyboard. The dash key is random, and your caps lock gets stuck on the letters V, O, and N.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Obviously you don't know ebonics!!!!
    Oh, I know enough to get by in a pinch.

Black, white or purple, I generally spell and punctuate folks' names as they and their mommas have chosen to, though.

My name is pronounced gre-tah OH dee.

If I die in some spectacular fashion and I enter into the popular culture, I hope no one chooses to spell and punctuate it in some phonetically exaggerated way, even if my death is presumed or actually my own damn fault.

I mean, I'm dead--there's really no point in mockery.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    This is the way you and some others think but there is no proof of this.
    No, as I stated this is not my opinion on the subject, it is simply the way the carry class is taught. Once you have chosen not the walk away, and then kill someone, it is on you. As I stated from day one, Zimmerman will walk because of the nature of our justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    No, as I stated this is not my opinion on the subject, it is simply the way the carry class is taught. Once you have chosen not the walk away, and then kill someone, it is on you. As I stated from day one, Zimmerman will walk because of the nature of our justice system.
    But, according to George's statements, he did choose to walk away and was headed back to his truck, away from Tray-VON when Tray-VON decided to accost him and start a physical confrontation.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    But, according to George's statements, he did choose to walk away and was headed back to his truck, away from Tray-VON when Tray-VON decided to accost him and start a physical confrontation.
    I did not realize that immediately after the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to walk away he followed those directions, I was under the impression that he followed Zimmerman.

I did not realize that immediately after the police dispatcher told Zimmerman to walk away he followed those directions, I was under the impression that he followed Zimmerman.
    I'm pretty sure that's not what his statement says. I believe that his statement says that he said OK and headed back and was headed back to the truck when that little feller accosted him.

See, this is where the media really got everyone stirred up. They made it sound like George completely ignored the dispatcher's suggestion and hunted down that little kid when, according to George's statement (which they surely had access to) he actually had broken off when or shortly after the dispatcher suggested and was, in fact, returning to his truck when a 6'2" black thug wannabe got in his face, cursed at him, punched him in the nose (physical evidence of that) knocked him to the ground (more physical evidence), and proceeded to slam his head into the pavement (more corroborating physical evidence), but that wouldn't sell advertising.
    Last edited by HPL; 07-02-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Hey Einstein, I couldn't get the link you posted open and my last post was not directed at you. It was directed to mngundog (maybe I should have listed his name) and his post on concealed carry and what constitutes self-defense. It was a legitimate question and I could care less what you are willing to discuss with me.
    My apologies. Please dispense with the Einstein cracks, I can't help it that I am a genius!!! Next you'll be criticizing how good looking I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    NO, let's first say that some late 20 something WHITE guy (that's what they had to call him to get the rabble roused)was following you at a distance..........
    NO, based solely on being followed in public would NOT be enough of a threat to give one the right to kill someone. Had Zimmerman followed him, and then grabbed and struggled with him, then perhaps Tray-VON would have had cause to fire. Now if it was a Hispanic guy doing the following, THEN it might have been OK to shoot
    LOL So what you are saying is that your decision is more complicated than just " black and white"!

with the "stand your ground" clause here in Florida you are not required to retreat at all. IF you are in a place that you have every right to be you dont have to retreat hence STAND YOUR GROUND.
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze "Gussie"

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Lee View Post
    with the "stand your ground" clause here in Florida you are not required to retreat at all. IF you are in a place that you have every right to be you dont have to retreat hence STAND YOUR GROUND.

Perhaps, but this particular discussion within this thread relates to whether George was "stalking" TRAY-VON or not. Personally I wouldn't necessarily consider trailing, stalking. Intent might have a lot to do with how I would perceive it. Apparently, gundog contends that if stalking, then George had no right to self defense. Several others and I have held that if he broke off the trailing and was in the process of returning to the truck as police had suggested, then he was certainly not "stalking" anyone and thus had a right to self defense. I like "castle" doctrine laws but am not so sure about the "stand your ground" stuff.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)