The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

They had the trial on at the gym this morn and I got to hear the forensic pathologist testify. When I got back to the office, I checked the blog and this is what the blogger wrote: "Di Maio said Martin would have lost consciousness between 10 and 15 second after being shot, and may have been able to talk make voluntary movement in those 10 to 15 seconds." I was on the treadmill for that entire part of the testimony wearing headphones, so no distractions, and in fact what the pathologist actually said was that Martin would have been capable of speech and movement for AT LEAST 10-15 seconds, and perhaps somewhat longer, but no more than a minute or two. That is a pretty significant difference.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    They had the trial on at the gym this morn and I got to hear the forensic pathologist testify. When I got back to the office, I checked the blog and this is what the blogger wrote: "Di Maio said Martin would have lost consciousness between 10 and 15 second after being shot, and may have been able to talk make voluntary movement in those 10 to 15 seconds." I was on the treadmill for that entire part of the testimony wearing headphones, so no distractions, and in fact what the pathologist actually said was that Martin would have been capable of speech and movement for AT LEAST 10-15 seconds, and perhaps somewhat longer, but no more than a minute or two. That is a pretty significant difference.
    But he later said the victim may have been unconscious quicker than that due to "psychological" reasons... (Maybe he meant physiological?) That didn't make sense to me. As a hunter, I would think the shock to the body from the bullet impact itself would do enough damage to cause him to be unconscious immediately. I have taken enough large game animals at various ranges with various calibers, through the heart... Some ran a ways... Some dropped on the spot.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    This is an interesting story... The only websites reporting it are this one and the sacramentobee. Why is there no other media reporting on it? Not even Fox or Drudge...
    Because a "citizens grand jury" is not a pert of the legal system and therefore has no power or authority. It's a concept dreamed up by the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Because a "citizens grand jury" is not a pert of the legal system and therefore has no power or authority. It's a concept dreamed up by the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
    Yeah, I knew it was some kind of scam. It was only reported by those two websites and no reputable news sources... Even during the trial?
    Bill Davis

But he later said the victim may have been unconscious quicker than that due to "psychological" reasons... (Maybe he meant physiological?) That didn't make sense to me. As a hunter, I would think the shock to the body from the bullet impact itself would do enough damage to cause him to be unconscious immediately. I have taken enough large game animals at various ranges with various calibers, through the heart... Some ran a ways... Some dropped on the spot.
    Yes, but what he stressed was that even with a completely compromised heart, the brain had enough oxygen to be functional for AT LEAST 10-15 seconds and possibly as much as two minutes. Yes, Martin MIGHT have lost consciousness almost immediately, but it is very possible that he did not and was able to walk, talk, and move for a while.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Yes, but what he stressed was that even with a completely compromised heart, the brain had enough oxygen to be functional for AT LEAST 10-15 seconds and possibly as much as two minutes. Yes, Martin MIGHT have lost consciousness almost immediately, but it is very possible that he did not and was able to walk, talk, and move for a while.
    Anything is possible... That's the point both attorneys keep pounding home... That's why if the jury members have any sense at all... There will be reasonable doubt...

PS... How come none of the neighbors saw or heard him walk or talk after the fact?
    Bill Davis

As I recall the ME had stated a longer period of time. (from the earlier link many posts ago) First the ME had said something about a minute, then in court extended the time to 10 minutes. So the forensic pathologist and the ME are not quite in agreement?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    As I recall the ME had stated a longer period of time. (from the earlier link many posts ago) First the ME had said something about a minute, then in court extended the time to 10 minutes. So the forensic pathologist and the ME are not quite in agreement?
    If that was the case, he would have been alive when first responders got there... He wasn't.

(If it was 10 minutes). He had to be dead almost immediately. There were people out there right after the shooting. The victim was dead... What's the point anyway? Are they trying to say he was alive, but not helped?
    Last edited by huntinman; 07-09-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Bill Davis

If that was the case, he would have been alive when first responders got there... He wasn't.

(If it was 10 minutes). He had to be dead almost immediately. There were people out there right after the shooting. The victim was dead... What's the point anyway? Are they trying to say he was alive, but not helped?
    No. The prosecution was trying to make the point that Trey-VON's arms were not positioned as Zimmerman indicated that they should have been, so the defense is countering that Martin was capable of some movement for some time after the fatal shot. (those of us who hunt fully understand that concept).
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

It would seem that if Trayvon was on top of Z, after Z shot him, Z would have squirmed out from under Trayvon. That would have changed T's position in a way that was dependent on Z's movement?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.