The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Been listening to the interview with the prosecution. They don't seem to be trying very hard to defuse the situation now that they have lost. Still saying that Zimmerman was "stalking" a young "kid". Also saying that Zimmerman "profiled" TRAY-VON. I don't know why "profiling" is such a bad thing. The Israelis use it all the time very successfully. If I hear that many of my neighbors' houses have been burglarized, and that the burglaries were being committed by young, black males, it just makes sense that I might look at an unknown young, black male with a bit more scrutiny than at an old Asian woman. If that's profiling, so be it.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I heard a simple explanation on radio today: Definite facts were that there was a fight, and as a result Martin was shot. There was no evidence to indicate who started the fight. One witness did see Martin hitting Z, but still didn't witness how the fight started. So, there was reasonable doubt WRT Z being the aggressor.

This commentator also drew a difference between "tragedy" v. "atrocity". He said the Newtown killings were not tragedy. They were an atrocity. The victims had no part in their own deaths. In the Z situation, both parties' actions played a role in what eventually caused them both to be victims. Had either or both of them acted differently, there might have been a different ending.

Of course, none of us was there, but if the prosecution was trying all these "ploys" (like the attempt to add in the charge of "child abuse" in the last moments) and then in the end in summation (according to reporting) telling the jury to rely on their hearts (their emotions v. facts), some women would not respond positively to being BS'd rather than being given "substance."

I am very much hoping that cooler heads prevail in the aftermath of the verdict.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

From NBC News ... blowing the whistle has severe consequences ....
    IT director who alleged evidence withheld from Zimmerman defense firedBy Tom Winter and Daniel Arkin, NBC News
    An employee of the Office of the State Attorney in Jacksonville, Fla., who testified that prosecutors withheld evidence from George Zimmerman’s defense team has been fired, his lawyer told NBC News.
    Ben Kruidbos, who testified for the defense before the trial began and identified himself as a "whistleblower," alleged that his former employer concealed or was slow to deliver discovery information obtained from Trayvon Martin’s cell phone – including pictures of a hand holding a gun and a gun on a bed.
    Zimmerman’s defense team has filed a motion of judicial sanctions against state prosecutors, alleging discovery violations. The state has denied these violations.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

All I have to say is Justice by Media and Politics is wrong. This whole case was wrong. The Chief of police for Sanford, who lost his job had it right from the beginning. He should sue the city of Sanford.

The president should learn he needs to keep his nose out of the local Law. He once again embarrassed himself with his comment "if I had a son this is what he would look like".

We as a country need to stop the media from their half truths and manipulation of the public for their own profits.

Showing Martins 12 year old picture from the beginning was wrong.

Calling Zimmerman a white male, than inventing a new race by calling him a white hispanic was wrong.

Justice was served, move on

Let the bashing begin

My opinion

Richard

You won't hear any bashing from me. I think the nation as a whole has gotten tired of the race baiting and trial by media on trumped up charges that have little to do with the truth. And the current POTUS has done more to fan the flames of the race baiting than all the other presidents put together. Absolutely disgusting....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Where ever defense witness Chantel attended school, the Taxes in that district must be astronomical!
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    All I have to say is Justice by Media and Politics is wrong. This whole case was wrong. The Chief of police for Sanford, who lost his job had it right from the beginning. He should sue the city of Sanford.

The president should learn he needs to keep his nose out of the local Law. He once again embarrassed himself with his comment "if I had a son this is what he would look like".

We as a country need to stop the media from their half truths and manipulation of the public for their own profits.

Calling Zimmerman a white male, than inventing a new race by calling him a white hispanic was wrong.

Let the bashing begin

My opinion

Richard

SPOT ON ...end of discussion right there
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post

Let the bashing begin

My opinion

Richard
    Nicely stated. I also get tired of when someone is found guilty " justice was served" but when the legal system goes the other way then it is a joke and all hell breaks loose.

If you trust the legal system in a guilty verdict then trust it in a not guilty verdict. If you don't like the system then do something about it, like move.

At the end of the day Karma is a bitch and if the jury got it wrong, well then Karma will take over. Just ask OJ.

The jury has spoken.
    Bill Davis

If anybody is interested in seeing supposed "jounalism" and what it has become, you need to watch some MSNBC coverage. I have watched Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. MSNBC is the only one that refuses to acknowledge any matter of fact. It is absolutely stunning what is coming out of that newsroom. Black against white, no black child is safe anymore, this is a civil rights case of our time. I'm sorry, total garbage. Go help the people of Chicago, go help the people of DC, do something of inclusion instead of using the race wedge.