The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

It is unlikely that the hate crimes act(s) would apply since the FL prosecutor brought this up and Z was found not guilty despite it. It wasn't in the charges but the jury evidently felt very little inclination to lean on that as a motive. Further, the FBI's own investigation found there was no basis for a hate crimes prosecution.

I think that what will be interesting will be any action taken against the female prosecutor. It's pretty powerful to have Derschowitz (sp?) draw and quarter her on TV. In firing the IY guy in her dept for his testimony, she as much as admitted that she'd done a bad bad thing. I'd like to see Z's attorneys press the FL BAR for sanctions against her. The trial court record would be enough evidence to nail her to the wall.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Breitbart.com published this
    Here is the Department of Justice statement in full:
    As the Department first acknowledged last year, we have an open investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin. The Department of Justice’s Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation continue to evaluate the evidence generated during the federal investigation, as well as the evidence and testimony from the state trial. Experienced federal prosecutors will determine whether the evidence reveals a prosecutable violation of any of the limited federal criminal civil rights statutes within our jurisdiction, and whether federal prosecution is appropriate in accordance with the Department’s policy governing successive federal prosecution following a state trial.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    So, if Holder proceeds with this, maybe he can be prosecuted for discrimination?
    It would strain credulity a bit but technically yes if he preferred the charges. What we are talking about is 42 USC 1983. This is being used in some interesting ways. There are a couple of suits against law enforcement agencies in regard to animal rights actions. Sheriff seizes animals without a warrant and the case is tossed. Then the party sues the Sheriff.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

They want justice for Tray.
    By justice, they mean a guilty verdict for Zimmerman.

It doesn't matter whether he actually IS guilty or not.
    To them, justice MEANS that he is found guilty. Short of that, they will not be happy. Ever.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rowds/2514307/
    Last edited by copterdoc; 07-15-2013 at 12:41 AM.

The media should shut their yaps. The jury has made its verdict. No matter the outcome, Z's life will be one looking over his shoulder. We as a country have more important fish to fry.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The media should shut their yaps. The jury has made its verdict. No matter the outcome, Z's life will be one looking over his shoulder. We as a country have more important fish to fry.
    Agree... But they won't until a new "sexier" story comes along... Then they will be on that...
    Bill Davis

Agree, x2!
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Agree that the media should shut their yaps and that we have more important issues. However, it seems to me that a significant number of our fellow citizens don't know the difference between justice and lynching. That's pretty important in my opinion.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but if (and it's a big if I suppose) what people have written about Zimmerman now being immune to civil action (not to be confused with fed civil rights action) due to his acquittal in the criminal trial is correct, the parents of TRAY-VON may regret pushing the criminal charges (no big payoff in a civil lawsuit, although I suppose that Zimmerman probably doesn't have several millions for them to get in a suit anyway).
    Last edited by HPL; 07-15-2013 at 11:47 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

people have written about Zimmerman now being immune to civil action .
    Z is NOT immune to civil action. The Martin family has every right to file a civil case. How much did the 'Goldman' family get from OJ????? Unless it is just for some possible satisfaction it would be an exercise in futility IMO as Z has nothing to take.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech