The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Since it appears that Martin beat the crap out of Zimmerman and Zimmerman was justifiable in his actions shouldn't he be able to sue Martin's family for the pain and suffering he may have experienced?

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Z is NOT immune to civil action. The Martin family has every right to file a civil case. How much did the 'Goldman' family get from OJ????? Unless it is just for some possible satisfaction it would be an exercise in futility IMO as Z has nothing to take.
    I have seen several mentions of a statute in Florida that prohibits civil suits for wrongful death when the death was ruled justifiable. I don't know if the posts were correct or if being acquitted of the charges means that the death was justified, but in some ways it seems to me that George has about as much cause of action against the Martins as they have against him. After all, had TRAY-VON not attacked him, he wouldn't have been dragged through all this.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have seen several mentions of a statute in Florida that prohibits civil suits for wrongful death when the death was ruled justifiable. I don't know if the posts were correct or if being acquitted of the charges means that the death was justified, but in some ways it seems to me that George has about as much cause of action against the Martins as they have against him. After all, had TRAY-VON not attacked him, he wouldn't have been dragged through all this.
    I'm with you......I'd think he would have a case but who knows. I don't live in Florida so I have no idea whether they have such a statute or not and couldn't even begin to address the pros/cons of having one.......I'll guess that Z would love to have it at this point though.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

The Martin family already sued the housing complex for "wrongful death" and was awarded a settlement back in April.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1308943

Can they continue suing additional parties for the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    The media should shut their yaps. The jury has made its verdict. No matter the outcome, Z's life will be one looking over his shoulder. We as a country have more important fish to fry.
    The administration prefers this "small fish."

Those big frying fishes is scarey!!!!
    Keep them on the down low..............

You know them all....Egypt, Syria, the IRS, NSA etc, etc, etc, etc!!!!!

No doubt, RK! As long as there is unrest over issues like this the uninformed and intellectually-limited citizens will continue to drink the kool-aid, listen to the lame-streamed media and praise the wonderful job that the obama administration is doing!!

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    The Martin family already sued the housing complex for "wrongful death" and was awarded a settlement back in April.http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1308943

Can they continue suing additional parties for the same thing?
    Wonder if the complex is regretting settling.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

There are a lot of people on Facebook who are getting their knickers in a twist that Z was acquitted. I really wonder how many of them really followed the trial transcripts. It would appear that many on this forum did follow the transcripts.

Do they not realize that they are also encouraging unrest by what they are saying?

Also, I think it's pretty disrespectful of those jurors to malign the verdict they reached. They sat there and listened to every word.

I have only sat on a jury once, and we found the defendant not guilty. We pretty much agreed that he acted dumbly, but not with malice. I'm sure that the family of the alleged victim didn't think much of us.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Just like all of the entertainers and athletes tweeting ridiculous comments! I'm sure shaq and molly cyrus both carefully reviewed all of the evidence before making their asinine comments. Idiots!!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Just like all of the entertainers and athletes tweeting ridiculous comments! I'm sure shaq and molly cyrus both carefully reviewed all of the evidence before making their asinine comments. Idiots!!
    I would have to agree.