The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    They want justice for Tray.
    By justice, they mean a guilty verdict for Zimmerman.

It doesn't matter whether he actually IS guilty or not.
    To them, justice MEANS that he is found guilty. Short of that, they will not be happy. Ever.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rowds/2514307/
    This is very true. They will never be happy!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I'm certainly not a lawyer, but if (and it's a big if I suppose) what people have written about Zimmerman now being immune to civil action (not to be confused with fed civil rights action) due to his acquittal in the criminal trial is correct, the parents of TRAY-VON may regret pushing the criminal charges (no big payoff in a civil lawsuit, although I suppose that Zimmerman probably doesn't have several millions for them to get in a suit anyway).
    They already soaked the homeowners association for a cool million!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Since it appears that Martin beat the crap out of Zimmerman and Zimmerman was justifiable in his actions shouldn't he be able to sue Martin's family for the pain and suffering he may have experienced?
    Sounds reasonable to me since MArtin was a minor and his parents are responsible for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Z is NOT immune to civil action. The Martin family has every right to file a civil case. How much did the 'Goldman' family get from OJ????? Unless it is just for some possible satisfaction it would be an exercise in futility IMO as Z has nothing to take.
    They already got a million bucks.

How much media attention would this murder have received if the three men were white and the waitress was black?

It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I wonder what the repercussions will be for the neighborhood watch group? And the insurance for the HOA may increase, so all the residents will be assessed for that increase as well ... including Mr. Martin, himself, since he lives there. In fact, the insurance company could require them to disband the neighborhood watch? That would be unfortunate for the residents over the long run. This could be an unintended consequence of a case that possibly never should have gone to court.

Edit: Oops, forgot ... with that million dollars Mr. Martin can move out of that development.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    ..... I suppose that Zimmerman probably doesn't have several millions for them to get in a suit anyway).

have we all forgotten all the cash Saint Z was given by folks world wide?
    the same cash he and wife of Saint Z lied about afore the trial?
    The same saintly wife that was charged with some kind of cash cover up?
    Note nobody seems to recal that pre-trial cash dust up? Saint Z is loaded 'cause of all the dough nations.
    I bet a book and movie deal is next. He will be rolling in it!!!
    Yet the skittle kid, is still dead.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Franco, also saw a story about a 16 yr old black boy whose body was found in a boarded up building. Relatives suspect it was because he had refused to join a gang at school. No suspects of interest in that case.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Ken, at least in my opinion Zimmerman mucked up royally by putting himself in the position he was in when he shot Trayvon. But that's not the point, at least of my little tirade. The point is this was turned into poor quality circus/race thing. I'd be willing to bet money, if I had any, that we would have never heard a peep if the shooter had been black or the shootee was white. I don't know how things are in Vermont but in this neck of the woods the race card is over played in a big way and it is getting awfully tiresome.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Ken, did you get my PM a while back?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com