The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

Let it go ken, justice system says innocent. If we let everyone tear the system down when they feel a verdict is wrong we will be living in the world of mass chaos like in 3rd world countries. The outrage should all be toward the prosecution for bringing such bogus charges because of al, Jesse, and bho.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    Ken, at least in my opinion Zimmerman mucked up royally by putting himself in the position he was in when he shot Trayvon. But that's not the point, at least of my little tirade. The point is this was turned into poor quality circus/race thing. I'd be willing to bet money, if I had any, that we would have never heard a peep if the shooter had been black or the shootee was white. I don't know how things are in Vermont but in this neck of the woods the race card is over played in a big way and it is getting awfully tiresome.
    Tiresome is an understatement. However, on this one I could argue either way. I simply am putting my faith in our judicial system. While it isn't perfect I trust it more than any other judicial system in the world.

I firmly believe we are closer to equality in our country than ever before. Perfect? No. Improving yes.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I have to scratch my head as everyone keeps bringing up race and equality. Zimmerman is half white just like obama is half white yet they are portrayed completely different in the media! This case sure seems to me to be about a lack of evidence about an altercation where a non-white citizen used deadly force against a black that was beating the crap out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Ken, did you get my PM a while back?
    I know I did but had to dump a bunch, my box was full.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I know I did but had to dump a bunch, my box was full.

Re-sending.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The real problem with this whole circumstance is the way the media is creating a false truth. They are a modern day pied piper, taking an instant that is not all the common and convincing great segments of the populace that it's an epidemic. When it simply is not. The most recent, stark examples.....Martin and Sandy Hook. Tradgedies by any definition, but white people are not hunting black children and there aren't AR-15's lurking around the corner at every elementary school. These are anomalies, contarary to what a great many people in this country believe now thanks to the irresponsible and incredibly dangerous media.

have we all forgotten all the cash Saint Z was given by folks world wide?
    the same cash he and wife of Saint Z lied about afore the trial?
    The same saintly wife that was charged with some kind of cash cover up?
    Note nobody seems to recal that pre-trial cash dust up? Saint Z is loaded 'cause of all the dough nations.
    I bet a book and movie deal is next. He will be rolling in it!!!
    Yet the skittle kid, is still dead.
    I been wondering about the movie and book deals also. Bound to be some enterprising soul who at least has an option for those deals. "Z" is gonna need it for the plastic surgeons' fees though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

have we all forgotten all the cash Saint Z was given by folks world wide?
    the same cash he and wife of Saint Z lied about afore the trial?
    The same saintly wife that was charged with some kind of cash cover up?
    Note nobody seems to recal that pre-trial cash dust up? Saint Z is loaded 'cause of all the dough nations.
    I bet a book and movie deal is next. He will be rolling in it!!!
    Yet the skittle kid, is still dead.
    Ok ken lets not start acting like a lib. I haven't seen anyone say he is a saint but that there was not enough evidence to prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt. That is how our judicial system works. It is a trial not a lynching.

As far as the cash goes yes they should have reported it but that doesn't prove he is guilty of murder and I doubt those attorneys were representing Z pro bono! The guy can't work and lives in seclusion. And as this thread proves this is long from over for him and his family although he does look as though he has been eating good!

So as it has been said before where is all the outrage over all the black on black crime? There were something like 5-6 "kids"'killed in Gary, IN this weekend. The Mayor has called on the Governor for help and he is sending in the Statw police to help the local police combat the violence that is plaguing the city. Innocent black children are getting killed at an alarming rate by gang bangers where is the outrage? A black man was just murdered that was a veteran and was previously homeless. He recently turn his life around and was a handy man for a local church and helped many of the congregation with odd and end jobs. He had become family to many of these people. Where is the outrage? There is none because it doesn't play into Jesse and Al's agenda.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

I've run out of thoughts on Z, except for this: unless I can see a clear, relevant, important reason, I am going to continue and expand my cranky tendency to check "Other" and on the blank fill out "human."

Race is a fiction we use when and how it fits our narratives, whether for evil, or good, or benign.

If someone has a reason to know that I am a white chick from some recessive-gene combination of European plow-pushers, they can find my address and ring the doorbell.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I find this very humorous, in the fact that the company I work for doesn't know my race after 10 years. I get a monthly letter asking me to identify my race and it goes in the trash immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    I've run out of thoughts on Z, except for this: unless I can see a clear, relevant, important reason, I am going to continue and expand my cranky tendency to check "Other" and on the blank fill out "human."

Race is a fiction we use when and how it fits our narratives, whether for evil, or good, or benign.

If someone has a reason to know that I am a white chick from some recessive-gene combination of European plow-pushers, they can find my address and ring the doorbell.