The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman

I agree so much with all the others about the media and the issue of them making something more than it is. Unfortunately I also believe in the right to free speech. Unfortunately I think it comes down to the lack of education in our country and the ignorance of the folks taking what the media is reporting and distorting it.

You mean to tell me that black/white/asian.... teenagers are not killed every day by someone that is a different race then they are and none of that makes it to the media outlets. Are those lives not as important because the media can't stir the pot enough and make it news? You either trust the system and take all verdicts (guilty AND not guilty) or you don't trust the system BOTH guilty and not guilty. This double standard that people can pick and choose when the system in right and then pick differently when the system in wrong just because it wasn't the verdict they wanted.

BTW I don't remember, did a whole bunch of white people (or blacks for the matter) complain when OJ was found not guilty or where those same people that are protesting now, protesting then.

Race, sex, and marital status have no business on an application, or any government form for that matter.

The mere fact that they ask the question, means that they recognize it as a distinction.
    And that's what discrimination MEANS!

"The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

^^^ Good Read, Thanks.

Here is Uncle Ted's thoughts: http://rare.us/story/nugent-zimmerma...t+on+Zimmerman

Here is another one about how racist Zimmerman is:http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013...ware-campaign/
    Last edited by duckheads; 07-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Neal Boortz is one Texas A&M Aggie that I enjoy listening to....it was a good read
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    The author did a very good job of laying out the black community's perspective. I think his life experience gave him good insights into the inequities that have existed, and likely still do exist, WRT race in our society. In doing so he mentions the black-on-black crime in Chicago, and how the white community is not outraged by those statistics. The thing he leaves out, it seems, is that there is also little black outrage over it.

Where are Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on fighting for the law-abiding black citizens of Chicago? They should both be protesting in front of Chicago's City Hall every day!

Remember when that truly innocent black girl was shot dead in a driveby in Chicago not long after her visit to the WH? After using the incident for promotion of gun control legislation, we never heard from Obama again. Did Holder send his CRS to help with some rallies? Did the FBI investigate? Did someone fire the police chief for failure to get justice for this innocent girl?

I think it is probably normal for a community to be angry with high crime rates in their own neighborhoods, regardless of whether those residents are black or white. Yet, the black citizens of Chicago are not showing outrage? Why? If Holder and Obama "self-identify" as black, where is their outrage?

I agree with him on the jurors in the Z case. I'm sure they tried to do their job honestly. No onlooker could possibly know the facts of the case better than they could. Then they reviewed all those facts for many hours before reaching their decision. One might also say that when they asked for clarification of manslaughter, they wanted to assure themselves that if Z was not guilty of murder, they also wanted to be sure of whether he was guilty of manslaughter. It seems to be evidence that the jurors were taking their responsibility very seriously.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The author did a very good job of laying out the black community's perspective. I think his life experience gave him good insights into the inequities that have existed, and likely still do exist, WRT race in our society. In doing so he mentions the black-on-black crime in Chicago, and how the white community is not outraged by those statistics. The thing he leaves out, it seems, is that there is also little black outrage over it.

Where are Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on fighting for the law-abiding black citizens of Chicago? They should both be protesting in front of Chicago's City Hall every day!

Remember when that truly innocent black girl was shot dead in a driveby in Chicago not long after her visit to the WH? After using the incident for promotion of gun control legislation, we never heard from Obama again. Did Holder send his CRS to help with some rallies? Did the FBI investigate? Did someone fire the police chief for failure to get justice for this innocent girl?

I think it is probably normal for a community to be angry with high crime rates in their own neighborhoods, regardless of whether those residents are black or white. Yet, the black citizens of Chicago are not showing outrage? Why? If Holder and Obama "self-identify" as black, where is their outrage?

I agree with him on the jurors in the Z case. I'm sure they tried to do their job honestly. No onlooker could possibly know the facts of the case better than they could. Then they reviewed all those facts for many hours before reaching their decision. One might also say that when they asked for clarification of manslaughter, they wanted to assure themselves that if Z was not guilty of murder, they also wanted to be sure of whether he was guilty of manslaughter. It seems to be evidence that the jurors were taking their responsibility very seriously.
    One comment by a black person under one of the articles said that when a black man kills another black man, he goes to prison for a long time, and suggested that the same was not true if a white man killed a black man. I have no statistics to either confirm or refute that claim, but if that is the general perception in the black community, that explains a lot. Of course, it turns out that very few blacks are killed by non-blacks (just as most whites are killed by whites).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Two petitions are being circulated for presentation to the WH, one encouraging the WH to have DOJ prosecute Z for violating Martin's civil right of "right to life"; the second one to abide by the due process of the jury verdict and not subject Z to double jeopardy.

Right now the first petition is leading the 2nd one by about 3 to 1. 100,000 signatures are needed to gain WH attention (didn't this used to be a far lower number?) ... both petitions are way below that mark. Deadline is August 13 to get the required signatures.

Using this link, you can choose whichever petition you choose to sign ... read through the article to find the link you desire.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...erman/BssNZLYC
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

If that is the case shouldn't all loss of life be viewed as a civil rights violation?

If Travon would have followed Holders advice and retreated, all would be well!

Right?

Or is that only white folks who should retreat?