The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tri Tronics repairs

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    Mike, if this had been what was told to me I would not have indicated differently. I only relayed the info I was given, sorry I didn't realize I needed an attorney to question the TT Rep further? If the CS rep had explained to send the G2 transmitter back along with $120 and they would send me a refurbished G3 with 180 day warranty it would have been shipped today. I've been using TT since the 80's and up until today would not have purchased anything else, but I thought it was info that should be passed on to others that are entertaining the idea of purchasing a TT product. I wasn't real happy to find out the units are not repairable, sounded as if I was holding 2 transmitters that should be trashed only to spend $600 for 2 more basically just like them. I will let you know how it goes
    They stopped repairing the G2 products at the beginning of this year.
    Just like any business they may have been new and not known all of their products. I don't always take the first persons answer if I do not like it, I will call again and see if I get another one that I like.
    Kevin

I'm glad Mike called them and found out the info he supplied in his post, looks like I might get lucky with the G2 replaced with a G3 for $120. Then I'll see about getting the G3 repaired? At my age (3) G3 transmitters and a bag full of receivers and a XLS 2 collar unit should keep me going, don't you think?
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

thanks for info i did not know very dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by jwiacek View Post
    thanks for info i did not know very dissapointing
    Actually I think the explanation above is not so bad. If it is under warranty it will be replaced. If not it will cost $120 for a brand new replacement, and in the case of a G2 that price includes an upgrade to G3. The few that I have had repaired over the years cost close to that to repair. Not really a big deal.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Perry View Post
    They have been out of production since intro of G3 in 2009. If they were still repairing G2 products the cost is $120.
    If he were to send in his G2 transmitter and $120, TT will send him a factory refurbished G3 unit that will come with a 6 month factory warranty.
    MP
    Sorry to partially quote you Mike. Wasn't it stated that neither the G2 or the G3 is repairable? Or, is Collar Clinic just no longer repairing the G series on their own choice? Now I'm confused (which happens often) I would never want to spread misinformation about a company or person. Has anyone talked to customer service about it again since the original post? Tex was waiting for a return call from someone "higher up" at TT I think was he not?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Sorry to partially quote you Mike. Wasn't it stated that neither the G2 or the G3 is repairable? Or, is Collar Clinic just no longer repairing the G series on their own choice? Now I'm confused (which happens often) I would never want to spread misinformation about a company or person. Has anyone talked to customer service about it again since the original post? Tex was waiting for a return call from someone "higher up" at TT I think was he not?
    I called yesterday (800)456-4343, the call was answered in Missouri office. I spoke with CS person who had to put me on hold to speak with someone else. He came back and told me the same info Mike posted, except that they will only honor if it is a Pro 500 G2 EXP. Unfortunately I have the Pro 500 G2 (single dog), and questioned why and what is the difference since they are not doing repairs on the G2 anymore and it was going in the trash anyway. The initial cost are the same or do they know something we don't. I requested to speak with someone else and got the standard, "I don't make the rules, I just work here." I gave him my name and telephone numbers and asked to speak with someone higher in the company, as of now no response from TT.

TT does offer repairs on the G3 ( I didn't ask if they did the single dog units, with my luck probably not?)

Collar Clinic does not repair G2 or G3, they only sell them. However they do excellent repairs and their customer service is excellent.

Not sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring, best regards.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

I guess my confusion is that Collar Clinic will not repair G3 model but, TT will "factory refurbish?" (note from early stating one refurbished with a 6 month warranty) I guess I'm out of luck on the program too because mine is an upland series EXP and not a Pro 500 EXP?