Yes or No

• Yes!

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 122 66.3%

Amnesty for banned posters

17K views 85 replies 55 participants last post by  NateB 
#1 ·
Yes or no? Should a one time Amnesty program be tested out? No stipulations, no requirements for apologies. Just plain old Amnesty International RTF style.

#43 ·
I've been pissed at off friends many times like anyone else has been. Don't talk to them for a while. Spend a day together training or hunting again and know there is no need to bring up old crap, rehash old arguments so, we act like adults, get over it and move on. Attitude of folks here at times blows me away.
Some of this seems do elementary to just let old dogs lie and move on. Some folks just can't do it over minuscule little issues.

Melanies been a royal biz atch to me in the past. Does it mean I hold it against her forever? No. Not in the slightest. Move on get over it and often you find folks have more to offer than you think if once and a while you don't take stuff (and yourself) so seriously on a flippin website.

#45 ·
I'm pretty sure that there are multiple active members that have been banned at least once.

Chris does let certain by-gones be by-gone.

#53 ·
not really. You know what they say about Assumptions...

#49 ·
I have enough toxic people in my life.

If someone wanted to come back and be a better citizen on the forum I would be all for it, but otherwise I think they are banned for a reason and ought to stay that way.

I voted no.

#52 ·
Anyone who is banned knows exactly why they were banned.
Anyone who wants that changed knows exactly how to change it.

#56 ·
listen folks i would like to say firemark retrievers obviously produces wonderful dogs. i have never been treated in any way but positively by firemark retrievers.

i was kidding, i made the story up to be humerous. i would never wish anyone an improper impression of this operation or its owner!

i must say i am sorry to firemark(melanie) and this forum's members if anything i said was percieved as "serious". please forgive me!

#58 ·
When I read you first post, I was thinking how wonderful it was to have breeders that took the time to do background checks on perspective puppy buyers. The breeder must really care where his pups go to investigate financial reports, character and qualifications of potential owners. (Good morning Roseberry we knew you were being facetious)

#57 ·
Was Melanie and/or Lee kicked out?

JS

#61 ·
I'm lucky enough to consider Chris a friend and I don't think I know anyone more kind, gracious and considerate. This is his site and I enjoy coming here. If he bans someone, they deserved it and it's his business, not mine. If he decides to let them back in, that's his decision, as well. The fact of the matter is that (like all of you) I'm a user of this resource that he provides. I don't get to dictate how he operates it. My job is simply to appreciate it. One man's opinion.

#67 ·
Well said, Matt. I have sought and Chris has provided me with a great deal of help in my role as moderator of another message board. It is a thankless job, and no matter what you do a portion of the people who participate will not like what you do, but you try and do your best for hopefully all of the right reasons. If you end up being banned from here or any message board you had plenty of warning, and if it was a permanent ban then you do not deserve to come back. A permanent ban is always the result of numerous attempts to get someone to comply with the rules of the forum that you are participating on, meaning they have been given numerous opportunity to act decent and treat people with respect. Forgiveness is granted several times along the way towards a permanent ban. So when it gets to that point gone is gone.

#70 ·
It would seem that the participants of RTF back the head janitor by a margin of over two to one.

#74 ·
As someone who moderates another forum (for barrel racers) I fully back any moderator on any forum I log into!!!!

If they were banned , it was with reason.

#84 ·
Chris is hosting , IMO , an Open House .Kinda like the tailgate scenario . Its his house , play by his rules . I have been shut down here ONCE , for language , and was welcomed back .I was kinda new to RTF , but should have known better. Shame on me . Those folks that are banned spoken of in this thread are my FB friends , who I would not have if not for RTF . But I digress. Chris shows more leniency and patience than I would.You come to my house , and are asked to leave , you are not asked back.But you are told that when you are leaving regards.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.