The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance for Chicago Retirees

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    In what way would Obamacare take up the slack, say as opposed to someone who retired from a private corp./public company with a pension? Or compared to a person who was self employed and retired at age 60?
    They are actually equal ... some individuals, in all three cases, may have enough income to pay for their own health insurance. Some may have low enough income to qualify for a subsidy in Obamacare.

In both cases those in "management" who created the situation incur no personal penalty for their incompetency. It just seems a bit worse to me that in the public sector, it was the taxpayers who paid the compensation to the incompetent (or corrupt) individuals who lined their own pockets while leaving the fate of the workers in limbo.

One does have to wonder if Emanuel had an edge in anticipating that he could use this Fed program to resolve a generational issue in Chicago finances. You may recall that there was an issue of Emanuel's legal residency in Chicago when he ran for mayor.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    In both cases those in "management" who created the situation incur no personal penalty for their incompetency. It just seems a bit worse to me that in the public sector, it was the taxpayers who paid the compensation to the incompetent (or corrupt) individuals who lined their own pockets while leaving the fate of the workers in limbo.
    How is different than the financial crisis that we are still trying to climb out of? What personal penalty have the bankers paid, and where did the money come from to clean up that mess? How many on Wall Street have dirt on their hands in connection with underfunded pension funds?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    How is different than the financial crisis that we are still trying to climb out of? What personal penalty have the bankers paid, and where did the money come from to clean up that mess? How many on Wall Street have dirt on their hands in connection with underfunded pension funds?
    No different, really. There should be accountability in both private and public sector.

It just seems a bit worse to me that in the public sector, it was the taxpayers who paid the compensation to the incompetent (or corrupt) individuals who lined their own pockets while leaving the fate of the workers in limbo.
    I thought I already acknowledged that, just that it stings a bit more to know that voters selected the public "servants" who then had no problem screwing them. I have no doubt that the perps in both situations are probably interchangeable, just depended on what career they chose to follow.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    How did the union's not stop this?
    Did you read the article?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Did you read the article?
    Yep, sure did!
    Brandon Edmondson

It's Chicago. Why worry about it? There ain't nothin' in Chitown worth a pinch of snuff or time brooding about.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why do you purchase a Medicare supplement?
    Anyone? as apparently Gerry is not going to answer.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why do you purchase a Medicare supplement?
    Not too hard for me to answer Marvin I look at as a stop loss. Comes in handy fo catostraphic occurance. Unfortunately there is zero out of pocket expense even for the most minor things. I had much rather have a cheaper premium(over $200/mo.) and have to pay the 20%. Just my thoughts.

By the way Marvin, I too like Cooledge. He did something that worked even when the economy was far worse than the one we are in now, AND IT TOOK FAR LESS TIME!! Have been waiting for your comments on your thread.