The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this nuts?

Default Is this nuts?

We buy Russian helicopters to give to the Afghans. Without even addressing the fact that maybe we shouldn't be giving 30 nifty helicopters to the Afghans, it's still sounding nuts.

We continue to lose manufacturing jobs, but we bolster Russia's economy by buying these helicopters from them? Theoretically, I suppose we'll also be buying any replacement parts from Russia as well. If the Russians decide not to sell them to us at some point, the Afghans are left with a bunch of useless helicopters.

But it's nuttier than that ,,,we're supposed to be supporting the rebels in Syria (bad idea that it may be), and also supporting the company that is a major arms supplier for the Assad forces by giving them the profit from the helicopters we're buying for the Afghans.

But Human Rights Watch claimed last year that Rosoboronexport nevertheless appears to be Syria's main weapons supplier, questioning how the company tracks how its weapons are being used.

The Pentagon contract comes at a vital time, as the Obama administration steps up its support for the anti-Assad opposition by pledging to provide small arms to certain opposition groups. The contract potentially puts the U.S. government in the uncomfortable position of funding a company that is aiding the other side of that civil war.

Despite Russia's claims, Cornyn said in a letter last year to then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta that the Pentagon had informed him of "evidence" that Rosoboronexport's arms "are being used by Syrian forces against Syria's civilian population."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2WhT58YY3
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Completely and totally nuts!! You couldn't make this stuff up!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I guess we could put Assad down and not worry about the contradiction.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

At first thought it is an outrage, however if you think about it, it could save American service men's lives. When we have to go back and clean up the mess we wont be shooting at the same hardware we are using, kind of simplifies things.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I guess we could put Assad down and not worry about the contradiction.
    You might have a point there, Henlee, about avoiding the contradiction!

Thus far the US seems to have supported jihadist rebels against stable, secular incumbents. Both sides are vicious and ignore any human rights. They just kill people who disagree with them. If both sides are murderous and barbaric, does it matter who is in power? Nothing will change. The Libyan and Egyptian leaders seem to have some moderate tendencies, so there are still rebels in both places because they are too moderate ... or some who maybe feel those leaders are not moderate enough? Do we even know? I'm still a bit puzzled by the US's inaction with the Iranian rebellion attempt, which was a secular group v. Islamist incumbents.

The irony is that here in the US, the current administration supports secularism (removing God from any mention whenever possible). Yet that is inconsistent with the govt's uniform support of "tolerance for Islam", and support for rebels who want very much religion-based rule.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06...yria-indicted/
    This is also just as nuts. An American (former serviceman) has been indicted for fighting with one of the Al-Qaeda-linked groups that is fighting against Assad. He could face life in prison.

Our President is planning to arm the rebels, even though experts say it is impossible to separate the groups to determine who will actually end up with any weapons we provide. Maybe the President, and several others, should be standing in court with this other guy?

Aymenn al-Tamimi, the Shilman-Ginsburg Fellow at the Middle East Forum and researcher on jihad in Syria, told Foxnews.com on Thursday that keeping arms from migrating between Syrian rebel groups would be an almost impossible, task.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/06...#ixzz2WogTNqiK
    I think that the Taliban are pretty bad dudes, too, but they're going to sit down and talk to them, too, about Af'stan, "without any pre-conditions".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    You might have a point there, Henlee, about avoiding the contradiction!

Thus far the US seems to have supported jihadist rebels against stable, secular incumbents. Both sides are vicious and ignore any human rights. They just kill people who disagree with them. If both sides are murderous and barbaric, does it matter who is in power? Nothing will change. The Libyan and Egyptian leaders seem to have some moderate tendencies, so there are still rebels in both places because they are too moderate ... or some who maybe feel those leaders are not moderate enough? Do we even know? I'm still a bit puzzled by the US's inaction with the Iranian rebellion attempt, which was a secular group v. Islamist incumbents.

The irony is that here in the US, the current administration supports secularism (removing God from any mention whenever possible). Yet that is inconsistent with the govt's uniform support of "tolerance for Islam", and support for rebels who want very much religion-based rule.
    Hmmm... Didn't you get the PM? I guess not.

I don't use email. (That NSA thingy...), Just contact me thru the PM function. No one audits POTUS PLACE...ja know?

JDogger

PS Do I hear crickets?
    Last edited by JDogger; 06-20-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

[QUOTEWe buy Russian helicopters to give to the Afghans. Without even addressing the fact that maybe we shouldn't be giving 30 nifty helicopters to the Afghans, it's still sounding nuts.

We continue to lose manufacturing jobs, but we bolster Russia's economy by buying these helicopters from them? Theoretically, I suppose we'll also be buying any replacement parts from Russia as well. If the Russians decide not to sell them to us at some point, the Afghans are left with a bunch of useless helicopters.][/QUOTE]

Yes,, fits right in with other foreign policies. Here is one for you on the domestic side. There is a business down the road where the government is now paying the owners employee's. All it takes is the right application,. If I wasn't so principle driven I would hire a few people and have them work for me for free. WTF is going on around here,,, If people can't see there is a deliberate attempt to ruin this country then there is something wrong with you. No one EF"S up this many times by mistake,,

This is why politics is no longer a viable avenue to change things around. You can talk about these creeps all day long and in the end their policies,, no matter how psychotic they seem to a patriotic american,,, will prevail ,, Their utopia is our doom.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 06-21-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

You (unnamed) said.
    I don't use email. (That NSA thingy...), Just contact me thru the PM function.

I laughed outloud and chocked. What in the Lord's name gives you the idea that there is anyplace to communicate with your friends that is safe. This from a former ASA (now defunct, absorbed by the NSA) person.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    .................................................. .................. If people can't see there is a deliberate attempt to ruin this country then there is something wrong with you. .................................................. .....................................

Pete
    I agree with you.

Some of the people who were strongly for Obama are very much like a woman who marries a wife beater, they refuse to admit that they made a mistake ( I guess ). Anyhow they keep making the same excuses for him. I guess that a lot of these women "fell in love" with Obama. It's funny ( not ) how some people will stand and make excuses for their "loved ones" ( Obama ) while turning a blind eye to what is going on. I have relatives who will sit right here in my front room and say "look at those Republicans standing in the way of progress and what President Obama is trying to do for us". Makes me want to throw up ! And my tongue gets very bloody.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~