The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fen Wizzard sire of 2013 NAFC Dottie Ray's Ivy League

Congrats Brian and Fen. Fen is an amazing animal and sire.

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    Merlyn was a non-stop flight for me to CA when I bred Stella......and I much prefer a live breeding.
    HAHAHAhahHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHahahahahaaaaaa

On any other forum in the whole world that might get you arrested or admired or something.

Our own world regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

My best training partner has a Merlyn pup... Very easy on the eyes and a marking fool...

Richard
    SHOOT EM' IN THE LIPS..........

HRCH Otter Sloughs Bronze Gander " Gander"
    TTF Duck Sloughs Make Mine a Double "Shooter"

www.ducksloughkennel.com

Romans 8:28

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    His location in Utah makes it very difficult for some folks in other parts of the country to consider him as a sire. If getting to Fen is not a problem, he is a very worthy stud candidate IMO - and was even prior to his offspring's national win.
    I agree completely. There have been a few very nice studs like him (I have a Fen daughter that is showing very good promise) in the Mtn West type states that breeding wise just seem to fly under the radar and not get much attention. Hope this helps Fen get a little more recognition. I know I would buy another pup by him for sure.
    TRAVIS SKEEN

Over the years I have trained a lot with Fen, Breeze and Breeze's owner Roger Fangsrud, and going back further Breeze's father Ritz and Don Berard. Roger prefers sensible, no-drama bitches over males, and surprisingly coming out of Ritz, that is exactly what he got with Breeze. She is a pinpoint marker, but calm and compliant on blinds, then as a bonus, the Breeze-Fen combination just clicked. I also train with two other Fen-Breeze females owned by Leslie Luray, Biz and Dove. Both dogs are super, but very different, Biz is more like her Mom Breeze while Dove takes after her Dad, handling each keeps Leslie on her toes.

I know there are many other very nice dogs out there including Merlin, I'm only speaking up here because I know these dogs intimately and thought it was pretty cool how the Fen-Breeze connection clicked, not just with Ivy, Biz and Dove, but with a bunch of others as well.

John

FC-AFC Fen Wizzard (FC-AFC Fargo II ex FC-AFC Case Hardened Colors): 68 AA pts (28.5 open, 19.5 Am, 17 derby).
    32 total progeny with points. 3 FCs 2 AFCs 9 with AA pts for a total of 119.5 or 13.3 each. 7 with a total of 60 open pts or 8.6 pts each. 7 with a total of 59.5 AM pts or 8.5 each. 24 with 322 Derby points or 13.4 each

FC-AFC Hurricane Breeze (FC-AFC-CFC-CAFC DB's Cracker of Clubmead ex SIlvercreek's Wild Iris): 20.5 AA pts, 10 open pts, 10.5 Am pts.
    12 progeny with pts: 3 FC,s, 2 AFCs, 6 progeny with 113 AA pts for an average of 18.8 each. 6 with at total of 59 open pts or 9.8 each. 5 with a total of 54 Am pts or 10.8 each. 12 with 234 Derby pts or 19.5 each.
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by JKOttman View Post
    FC-AFC Fen Wizzard (FC-AFC Fargo II ex FC-AFC Case Hardened Colors): 68 AA pts (28.5 open, 19.5 Am, 17 derby).
    32 total progeny with points. 3 FCs 2 AFCs 9 with AA pts for a total of 119.5 or 13.3 each. 7 with a total of 60 open pts or 8.6 pts each. 7 with a total of 59.5 AM pts or 8.5 each. 24 with 322 Derby points or 13.4 each

FC-AFC Hurricane Breeze (FC-AFC-CFC-CAFC DB's Cracker of Clubmead ex SIlvercreek's Wild Iris): 20.5 AA pts, 10 open pts, 10.5 Am pts.
    12 progeny with pts: 3 FC,s, 2 AFCs, 6 progeny with 113 AA pts for an average of 18.8 each. 6 with at total of 59 open pts or 9.8 each. 5 with a total of 54 Am pts or 10.8 each. 12 with 234 Derby pts or 19.5 each.
    And... One National Amateur Field Champion
    Bill Davis