The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sit-nick-sit and sit-nick(hillmann)

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Green View Post
    What are most folks using as a setting on their tritronics? I am on low 2. I can feel it but my wife can't.
    I typically use low or med 2 on a Flyway. FYI, if you didn't know a low 3 is lighter than a high 2.

The important thing to remember is you are going to being doing this hundreds of times...sit, nick, sit. It's not just 4-5 nicks during a session while you walk figure 8s with the dog at heel. BUT if you've watched the puppy DVD and TC, you probably already knew that!
    Wildlife and Outdoor Photography

http://www.ericrutherford.net

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Green View Post
    What are most folks using as a setting on their tritronics? I am on low 2. I can feel it but my wife can't.
    I make my dog sit and I start out on 1 and work my way up until the dog's skin On top of his head, between his ears twitches when I apply pressure (not a vocal response) and that is the level of stimulation I start out with.

You might want to try at least a high 4 on your wife.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Lonnie I hear you on that. I just think its funny what some people can feel while others can't feel the same nick at all. Perhaps dogs are the same.

Mountain Duck, I do understand that it's going to be hundreds of nicks and I do feel the sit is getting better so it's either the ecollar or just the continued work. Likely both. However I didn't know that a low 3 was actually lower than a high 2. Seems strange.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    I make my dog sit and I start out on 1 and work my way up until the dog's skin On top of his head, between his ears twitches when I apply pressure (not a vocal response) and that is the level of stimulation I start out with.

You might want to try at least a high 4 on your wife.

Lonnie Spann
    Ya and his Wife will high 5 him right in the Eye (LOL)