RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ants

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  JusticeDog 
#1 ·
My poor dog is ate up with ants. Her belly is a mess.

Two questions:

1) How do ya'll treat your kennels safely, so the poison doesn't end up hurting the dog?
2) Is there any relief for ant bites for the dog?

Jeff

#2 ·
If your kennel is on a concrete slab treat outside the kennel, regardless I would not put the dog back in the kennel until ants were gone. Call your vet, you might need to bring the dog in due to number of ant bites from what kind of ants?

#3 ·
Not fire ants, but I'm not sure. When I'm around, she doesn't mess with the bites. I can tell she has messed with them tho, as he belly shows the signs of it. I may go see if there is something I can put on it.

The kennel is concrete pavers.

#5 ·
I need to find a liquid ant killer. I tried granular several days ago, but I can still see them. I've kept her inside for the last few days while I treated the dog run.

My vet said 2 (ea.) of 25 mg of Benadryl 2X day. Cool baths and topical Benadryl spray.

Brad, you know her personality. She pays no attention to them when I'm around. The bites look terrible tho. I'll get a pic for you.

#8 ·
Where do you find Fipronil? Is this a prescription from the Goverment or a home depot, lowes purchase?

#12 ·
Home defense or soap and water

#14 ·
If her belly doesn't start to look better, you may need to go in and get her an antibiotic such as cephalexin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.