The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigration biil- senate votes today!

Angry Immigration biil- senate votes today!

If you have not already contacted your senators and representatives do so now! The current senate bill, although it addresses some of the border security issues, it does not put a requirement to secure the border prior to letting all the other things happen. Twice since 1986 the senate/house have passed immigration reform that promised to stop the inflow of illegals into the usa. Both times the enforcement was stopped (including the fence)....don't be duped again...call your senator and representative and till them no reform until after the borders are closed!

What happened to Rubio's insistence that the border be secured first?

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    What happened to Rubio's insistence that the border be secured first?
    Do you really think that Rubio could give a rip about the border being secure?

Agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) have called on the public and members of the U.S. Senate to oppose the “Gang of Eight” immigration bill on the eve of its expected vote in the Senate.

The Senate is the expected to take up the bill for vote on Thursday at the earliest, or by Friday, as Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid continues rushing it across the finish line.
    In a joint statement on Wednesday evening, USCIS National Council president Kenneth Palinkas and ICE National Council president Chris Crane said the bill, if it ever became law, would be putting politics over public safety.
    “ICE officers and USCIS adjudications officers have pleaded with lawmakers not to adopt this bill, but to work with us on real, effective reforms for the American people,” Crane and Palinkas said in their statement.
    “The Schumer-Rubio-Corker-Hoeven proposal will make Americans less safe and it will ensure more illegal immigration—especially visa overstays—in the future. It provides legalization for thousands of dangerous criminals while making it more difficult for our officers to identity public safety and national security threats," they explained.
    "The legislation was guided from the beginning by anti-enforcement special interests and, should it become law, will have the desired effect of these groups: blocking immigration enforcement,” the statement claims.
    They added that they believe this is an “anti-public safety bill and an anti-law enforcement bill.”
    “We urge all lawmakers to oppose the final cloture vote on Thursday and to oppose the bill. And we call on all Americans to pick up the phone and call their members of Congress: (202) 224-3121,” Crane and Palinkas said.
    When these Federal officers, those down in the actual trenches, think this bill is/was bad to its core, how could Congress ignore them?

Is there something I'm missing about what political dog these officers could have in this hunt? It would appear that the bill would be giving lots of $ to their cause. It would also appear that they don't believe it will happen that way.

I wonder how many of these guys will be audited by the IRS next year.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Boehner says the bill is DOA in the House...I hope so...it stunk from the start,in poker terms the Dems trapped Rubio into playing the loser hand and then earmarked the crap out of it, now he owns it and cant walk away from it. he really got snookered on this deal
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Boehner says the bill is DOA in the House...I hope so...it stunk from the start,in poker terms the Dems trapped Rubio into playing the loser hand and then earmarked the crap out of it, now he owns it and cant walk away from it. he really got snookered on this deal
    Bon, he didn't get snookered... he got drunk on the power and influence. Rubio forgot that the establishment wanted nothing to do with him when he was a lowly Cuban-American candidate. After the Tea Party put him in office, he started believing his own press.

Boehner can say whatever he wants... they are going to stick it to us one way or the other. They have done it on every issue for the last five years except gun control, and they are not done with that...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Bon, he didn't get snookered... he got drunk on the power and influence. Rubio forgot that the establishment wanted nothing to do with him when he was a lowly Cuban-American candidate. After the Tea Party put him in office, he started believing his own press.

Boehner can say whatever he wants... they are going to stick it to us one way or the other. They have done it on every issue for the last five years except gun control, and they are not done with that...
    You're probably right...I'm not sure what its going to take to have immigration reform but this aint it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    My guess is that Boehner will fold up like a card table. He is as worthless as McCain.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

For those of you that want to know which 14 Republican Senators voted for this immigration bill, below is a list by State....I have already called them, emailed them, and faxed them, letting all know how I felt about their vote...I also have been contacting our House of Rep member and John Boehner to let him know what my expectations are. All three of my adult kids and their spouses are doing the same....JOIN US IN THE FIGHT...CONTACT YOUR - House member now! Upon reading the Immigration Bill, Mark Lavin says thatit gives this bill gives enormous discretion to the Executive Branch and to thePresident, and all but rejects any involvement of the states. We need to stopthe Republicans that are obsessed with race baiting politics like the Democratsare, and keep the Constitution in mind.
    1. Sens.Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
    2. JohnMcCain (R-Ariz.)
    3. LindseyGraham (R-S.C.)
    4. JeffFlake (R-Ariz.)
    5. Sens.Bob Corker (R-Tenn.)
    6. Sens.Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.)
    7. DeanHeller (R-Nev.)
    8. Sens.Jeff Chiesa (R-N.J.)
    9. MarkKirk (R-Ill.)
    10. SusanCollins (R-Maine)
    11. Sen.Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
    12. Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.)
    13. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah)
    14. Hoeven (R-ND)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26o-pAeu63w
    This video is kind of long, but fully explains why the Senate Immigration Bill (if it ever becomes law) would be disaster for low-skilled workers.

Interesting point here about Obamacare's employer mandate is that Cruz says it is $3000 (not $2000), but it really works out to be more than that because the employer may NOT deduct the penalty from his gross for tax purposes. So, the "savings" from NOT providing health insurance (as discussed on another thread) will not be as great as we were thinking ... unless those employees are replaced by RPIs ... in which case it's a gold mine for the employer.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.