The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immigration biil- senate votes today!

Rs often seem stodgy. Nice to see that some of them have a sense of humor;
    Kansas Rep. Tim Huelskamp tweeted a 140 character gem yesterday:

Most House Rs agree w/ most Senate Rs and Americans. Trusting Obama w/ border [COLOR=#11B000 !important]security[/COLOR] is like trusting Bill Clinton w/ your [COLOR=#11B000 !important]daughter[/COLOR] #tcot

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...#ixzz2YlMWnlOY
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Since the Immigration bill contains revenue provisions and started in the Senate, it's unconstitutional. That's the reason Sen Reid hasn't released it to the House for action. He knows the Bohner would fold it up and toss it back. See:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...aises-revenues
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Since the Immigration bill contains revenue provisions and started in the Senate, it's unconstitutional. That's the reason Sen Reid hasn't released it to the House for action. He knows the Bohner would fold it up and toss it back. See:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...aises-revenues
    It's scary to think that they might try the same shell game that they played with Obamacare ... take a House bill, gut it and replace with what they want.

Hopefully, after seeing what Obama is doing with Obamacare ... ruling with decree. Even some Ds have realized that this is over-reaching POTUS authority ... and he could do the very same thing with an Immigration law (in fact, he already has with his "Dreamer" order).

I can't believe that setting this precedent is pretty much being overlooked. What good is any law that Congress passes if the POTUS can arbitrarily decide to enforce only what laws, or what parts of laws, his whimsy chooses?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.