The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TriTronics Repair?

Default TriTronics Repair?

I have a couple old TT Pro500's I want to get repaired.

Are Collar Clinic and Garmin/TriTronics the only two choices?

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Any reason why you might hesitate to use either?

From the thread the other day it looks like they only repair G3's. Unless they are older than G2, collar clinic may fix the really older ones.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Any reason why you might hesitate to use either?
    Nahh, both excellent companies. Just looking to save a buck.
    Kevin Walker

The thread the other day worried me a little. Seems TT products have a long history of being pretty "heavy duty". I like buying stuff which I consider "Overbuilt" and repairable. Everything is disposable now and I don't like it. The trade in for the G3 seems like a really good deal and I'll likely utilize it in the future. I just don't like things which are meant to be thrown away and can't be fixed. Maybe it's just part of the new corporate changes which you have to expect are happening with the Garmin purchase of TT? I see from the website that there are already Garmin labeled products. Just seems funny because TT is really legendary. I can't imagine re-branding a product sold to such a niche industry like us dog folks. Similar to all the arguments about which training program, which venue you run and defend etc. Few find themselves switching from one to the other very often. Seems to be the nature of our doggy-peoples brains. One would think a marketing guru would know this and not likely make changes based upon observed habits of their target groups. Oh- well, just rambling off topic. Garmin obviously knows what they are doing and I'll probably have something branded Garmin in my hand within a couple years.

The thread the other day worried me a little. Seems TT products have a long history of being pretty "heavy duty". I like buying stuff which I consider "Overbuilt" and repairable. Everything is disposable now and I don't like it. The trade in for the G3 seems like a really good deal and I'll likely utilize it in the future. I just don't like things which are meant to be thrown away and can't be fixed. Maybe it's just part of the new corporate changes which you have to expect are happening with the Garmin purchase of TT? I see from the website that there are already Garmin labeled products. Just seems funny because TT is really legendary. I can't imagine re-branding a product sold to such a niche industry like us dog folks. Similar to all the arguments about which training program, which venue you run and defend etc. Few find themselves switching from one to the other very often. Seems to be the nature of our doggy-peoples brains. One would think a marketing guru would know this and not likely make changes based upon observed habits of their target groups. Oh- well, just rambling off topic. Garmin obviously knows what they are doing and I'll probably have something branded Garmin in my hand within a couple years.
    Don't go boxing up the G2 models just yet, I didn't get anywhere with customer service in Missouri this morning, waiting for a call (hopefully) from someone a little higher up in the company.
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    I have a couple old TT Pro500's I want to get repaired.

Are Collar Clinic and Garmin/TriTronics the only two choices?

Thanks in advance.
    Collar Clinic needs the business due to that being the only units from TT they can repair. I was told by their customer service they could not do repairs in the G2 or G3 Tri Tronics, just another example of driving someone else out of business!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Quote Originally Posted by txrancher View Post
    Collar Clinic needs the business due to that being the only units from TT they can repair. I was told by their customer service they could not do repairs in the G2 or G3 Tri Tronics, just another example of driving someone else out of business!
    Disposable society. I guess the marketing wizards got that part right. When it breaks, throw it away. Hate that concept. It might turn me to looking at other products honestly. As I mentioned, corporate changes always affect a company no matter what anyone claims. Garmin mass produces stuff meant to become outdated and be quickly replaced. That might be the direction which TT is headed? Dunno? One can assume. When I bought my Garmin GPS years back it was top of the line. Within a month they had another model out. A few months later another model out. Sort of felt like I got Microsoft'd.

Garmin mass produces stuff meant to become outdated and be quickly replaced..... When I bought my Garmin GPS years back it was top of the line. Within a month they had another model out. A few months later another model out. Sort of felt like I got Microsoft'd.
    Quoted for truth.
    Kevin Walker

Color screen came out right after I got mine. Buddy got color. It seems like the topographic feature came out right after that model. Then there was the downloadable mapping technology. I just recall those because all of my elk hunting group all spent close to the same money each and bought them over the course of a few months.