The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple idea forimmigration reform

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There are many pundits from both sides that should retire.

This month's Amercian Spectator had an interview with Senator Sessions - his position is that bringing in all these low wage people, however qualified, hurts american wages & specifically at the lower wages. Having lived it at Boeing when they brought many engineers from other countries in at lower wages (deservedly so) which tamped down our wage bargaining power, I know that to be true.

We got a lot of people selling out, hopefully the house will say no go.
    Don't count on it Marvin.
    Bill Davis

I like the idea of very large fines for companies that hire illegals and criminal prosecution for the individuals that did the actual hiring. Dry up the money and you end the reason for them being here.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Maybe my ancestors made the mistake of not deporting your ancestors upon arrival. It would have solved a lot of problems and would have depleted the Republican vote in the process.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Maybe my ancestors made the mistake of not deporting your ancestors upon arrival. It would have solved a lot of problems and would have depleted the Republican vote in the process.
    Are you claiming Mayflower rights ? My ancestors Legally came through Ellis Island & were welcomed with nothing except assimilate or starve.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Well, wouldn't your ancestors have been in a mess if they had been greeted as you indicate by my Native American ancestry? Republican by choice!
    I ignore stupidity unless you bring it to my attention!
    Crystal Coast Labradors

CCL Return To Sender
    N Sana Te

Actually, aren't we ALL immigrants. Even Native Americans came here from somewhere else

One characteristic of all previous immigrants was that they came here with no expectations except to work hard to improve their lives. They followed whatever laws were in place at the time. There was no safety net of any kind, except that, in some cases, they would be free of persecution they experienced in their own countries; and that there was an "opportunity" (not a guarantee) for improvement of their circumstances.

The present group of illegal immigrants are ostensibly coming for the same reasons as other immigrants, but they also realize they are breaking laws to do so, and do it anyhow. They also have found that they can take advantage of benefits they wouldn't have in their own countries. Even illegals get to use the emergency rooms at no charge. Do they have that in their home countries? Many anchor babies get born in US hospitals. Would they have that benefit in their home countries?

So, this group is not only coming to improve their opportunity for the fruits of hard work, they are also coming for "free things".

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that as soon as these millions become legalized, we will not have people saying that it is cruel to deny them social welfare services?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

[QUOTE=Marvin S;1120156]Are you claiming Mayflower rights ? My ancestors Legally came through Ellis Island & were welcomed with nothing except assimilate or starve.[/QUOTE
    Since you essentialy challenged me, Marv, I have some Native American heritage traceable to four tribes. My European heritage goes back to 1635 on this continent. And that, Marvin, and a buck-50 might buy a regular cup of coffee.

My real point is that the attitude: I-have-mine-and-screw-you--among Republicans is just damn outright petty. So is the fear of new citizens voting Democrat. If the Republicans cannot win the favor of immigrants, maybe it is time they go to charm school. The Republicans are loosing that group because they offer nothing but obstruction and little in the way of customer service to that constituency.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-26-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1120433]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Are you claiming Mayflower rights ? My ancestors Legally came through Ellis Island & were welcomed with nothing except assimilate or starve.[/QUOTE
    I have some Native American heritage traceable to four tribes. My European heritage goes back to 1635 on this continent. And that, Marvin, and a buck-50 might buy a regular cup of coffee.

My real point is that the attitude: I-have-mine-and-screw-you--among Republicans is just damn outright petty. So is the fear of new citizens voting Democrat. If the Republicans cannot win the favor of immigrants, maybe it is time they go to charm school. The Republicans are loosing t because they offer nothing but obstruction and little in the way of customer service to that constituency.
    I have seen some utter nonsense posted by you but this takes the cake. YOUR REAL POINT IS that if someone has more than you then IT CAN'T BE YOUR FAULT and it must be theirs. So those that have accumulated more than you SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME instead of you ACCUMULATING YOUR OWN. You think that if someone has a bigger pie than you they should give you some of their pie. I say MAKE YOUR OWN PIE. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU BUT YOURSELF. Your logic is the union logic that the worst no good lousy worker should be paid the same as the best most producitve worker. That is nonsense and that also goes to owners and employers.

Only today after training dogs, a friend of mine and I tried a new restraurant and had a late breakfast. THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE. Neither of us will be back. WE FIRED THE COOK, THE WAITRESS, AND THE OWNER!!!!!! No "soft landing for any of them" WE FIRED THEM!!! All of them. Given your logic, we should go back and pay for poor service, and poor food. Maybe you think we feel we "have ours" and screw them! Well you are right. Their pie(service) is not worth buying.

I could care less if some one has millions of times more wealth than I, "Bill Gates?". He provided a service and product which I was willing to buy. I see in so many people envy and jealosy AND EXCUSES for someone having accumulated more than they have. I see them as just looking for an excuse as to why they have not accumulated as much as someone else. ALWAYS THE BAD BUY IS THE ONE THAT HAS MORE!!!!!! They think the bad guy should give them some since they have more. They just want a SOFT LANDING.

I have no doubt that had I not been so stupid I could have accumulated far more than I have. That in nobody's fault but mine. Actually I feel that I paid far too much stupid tax. Again NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE.

I tell my son to look for the reasons for others' failures(the tightend of New England Patriots now charged with murder?), and learn from them. Look for the reasons for others' success(again Bill Gates) and learn from them. That would be my advise.

[QUOTE=caryalsobrook;1120465]

I have seen some utter nonsense posted by you but this takes the cake. YOUR REAL POINT IS that if someone has more than you then IT CAN'T BE YOUR FAULT and it must be theirs. So those that have accumulated more than you SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME instead of you ACCUMULATING YOUR OWN. You think that if someone has a bigger pie than you they should give you some of their pie. I say MAKE YOUR OWN PIE. NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU BUT YOURSELF. Your logic is the union logic that the worst no good lousy worker should be paid the same as the best most producitve worker. That is nonsense and that also goes to owners and employers.

Only today after training dogs, a friend of mine and I tried a new restraurant and had a late breakfast. THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE. Neither of us will be back. WE FIRED THE COOK, THE WAITRESS, AND THE OWNER!!!!!! No "soft landing for any of them" WE FIRED THEM!!! All of them. Given your logic, we should go back and pay for poor service, and poor food. Maybe you think we feel we "have ours" and screw them! Well you are right. Their pie(service) is not worth buying.

I could care less if some one has millions of times more wealth than I, "Bill Gates?". He provided a service and product which I was willing to buy. I see in so many people envy and jealosy AND EXCUSES for someone having accumulated more than they have. I see them as just looking for an excuse as to why they have not accumulated as much as someone else. ALWAYS THE BAD BUY IS THE ONE THAT HAS MORE!!!!!! They think the bad guy should give them some since they have more. They just want a SOFT LANDING.

I have no doubt that had I not been so stupid I could have accumulated far more than I have. That in nobody's fault but mine. Actually I feel that I paid far too much stupid tax. Again NOBODY'S FAULT BUT MINE.

I tell my son to look for the reasons for others' failures(the tightend of New England Patriots now charged with murder?), and learn from them. Look for the reasons for others' success(again Bill Gates) and learn from them. That would be my advise.
    Slam dunk, Cary...
    Bill Davis

Seal the border- 1,954 miles= 10.2 million feet.

Anyone put up a chain-link fence lately? I figure roughly $200 million for basic 9 gauge, 10 foot high fence, which really isn't much of a deterrant. Add to that about 35 million feet of razor wire To go atop of the chain link. Don't know what that costs, but I bet it isn't cheap.
    Then add towers every 1000 feet and man them 24/7. Then, buy and maintain a huge fleet of all terrain vehicles to swap out shifts and perform motorized patrols. Add to that state of the art electronic surveillance systems that also must be maintained and operated/controlled by more personnel. By the way, the personnel? HSA employees, military, or both. Either way, we would have to pay them and provide benefits to them and their families.

We're talking MANY BILLIONS of dollars!

AND IT WOULDN'T WORK ANYWAY!

Greta had her allotment of fame during the 1st Gulf War. She should have quit while she was ahead..

A person has to be stupider than stupid if they think a chain link fence is going to keep some one out or any kind of fence for that matter.

As far as citizenship is concerned,,,where have you guys been. THEY DON"T WANT IT they loose all their hand outs if they become citizens AND then they have to pay taxes.

You guys are behind the curve. WAke up

Pete.

This is insane.
    Last edited by Pete; 06-27-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus