The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: A simple idea forimmigration reform

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    zeus3925...Offspring of illegals....perhaps you have a strong bias on this issue? YOU Think??!! Regardless, let's be clear the "non-RINO" Republicans in Washington have been standing on one issue all a long. CLOSE THE BORDERS FIRST! This is based on common since, stop the flow of illegals into the US, then we can actually work on a solution that works for those here now. The DEM's have consistently refused to support any legitimate bill/amendment that would truly commit Congress to CLOSE THE BORDERS FIRST! Therefore, clear thinking Republicans cannot support this bill from the Senate.....again pretty simple common since! And Yes a few non RINO Republican Senators, got sucked in on the hype...(Rubio and others)....they will pay the price for this later....
    No, the last immigrant in my family arrived in 1866, the first in 1635. I do enjoy tweaking the mind set of the Republicans among us.

I support stiffening border security and maybe that makes me a Dino. You can still seal the border at the same time at the same time opening up the citizenship option on a slow speed option. You are never going to seal up the borders totally. If you can get drugs into the country by tunnels and subs then you can get people in too. Haitians will still attempt by boat. The dilemma for Republicans is that they don't like the bill for sealing the border. As a result any measure will be half a$$ed. As for government bloat, this one will be fed on a lot of pork.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-30-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Anyone that broke the law to come here should not be granted citizenship... Period. If we are stuck with millions of them, as we are, let them work for their benefits and green cards etc. no special privileges for breaking our laws.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Anyone that broke the law to come here should not be granted citizenship... Period. If we are stuck with millions of them, as we are, let them work for their benefits and green cards etc. no special privileges for breaking our laws.
    Hi, Bill. How is everything in Tennesee??

I'd like to tell you about some one I met in the course of my work. Arsenio was a Mexican national that was born in southern Mexico, not the most affluent region of that country. Arsenio made his way to the US outside of the legal channels. As a young man he joined the US Army and was a combat vet in Viet Nam, earning a purple heart and silver star. He was disabled from his wounds. He completed a high school diploma while in the military and went on to get a college degree.

Arsenio became a citizen at some point. At the time he I met him, he had become an expert in in American Indian cultures. He and his wife opened their home to American Indian foster children. He patiently educated them in their culture. Often that had been lost in their family of origin. At the same time he was studying for a law degree which he eventually completed.

Guys like Arsenio gave more this country than they took. But then you would like to deny him a citizenship?
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I see , Stan you avoid offering a solution. My point is that anything you do to stem illegal immigration will cost the taxpayers money. The cheapest way to deal with those here is to grant citizenship to those who earn it and then focus on those who don't wish or bother to pursue citizenship. Those that don't get on the path limit the stay. to effectively seal the border you are going to need a vast increase in manpower. That will cost you money. You could use the armed forces to close the border but that will still cost you money and the law would have to be changed to permit it.

Instead, Stan, you respond by hurling invectives. "Secular Progressive". Is that a code for Atheist?

As for buying votes with government payouts, I see you are as well tuned to the electorate as Willard was. Two Cadillacs for the wife, regards.
    Stop giving them jobs and Govt/tax paid benefits in order to "service the customer," and garner (code for buy) future votes.

I think the term "secular progressives" is crystal clear to everyone.

No code..........................
    Last edited by road kill; 06-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Stop giving them jobs and Govt/tax paid benefits.

I think the term "secular progressives" is crystal clear to everyone.

No code..........................
    I agree with not giving jobs or benies, but I see a lot of Republican businessmen who do give them jobs and contracts -- and churches that shield and support them.

I guess you'll have to spell out "Secular Progressive" as I don't travel in circles where that term is a familiar one. Are you referring to someone's, ie. my, religious beliefs by using "secular"??
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-30-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Are you referring to someone's religious beliefs by using "secular"??
    No, I am referring to the ATTACK on my religious beliefs, and God being in the fabric of society.
    Secular is in referrence to the coordinated removal of that, for votes.

And I am not interested in arguing my religion with anyone.
    My religion is based on my relationship with what I believe God is and what I believe he expects from me.
    I tell no one what to believe or how to do it.

This topic is about the PROBLEM of illegal immigration.

I am willing to bet there are a tad more the 11 million here illegally!
    Stan b & Elvis

Zeuss, I am not attacking anyone, especially YOU!

I respect you and your beleifs.
    We have all traveled different roads to get to where we are.

There are things being done by Gov't today/and forced down my throat that were never voted on and not within my beliefs.

I am likely closer to a diest than anything else.
    My Church is often in a duck blind or a tree stand, looking within myself and praying for the strength and courage to do what is right.

There is something in the universe far greater than me, it is collective wisdom and good.
    Stan b & Elvis

OK, Stan. I see where you are coming from. Let's just drop the secular part on go with the "progressive" as a sort of a fit. But progressive is not the same thing as liberal.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Zeus

If you're going to talk about definitions of words like liberal and progressive ... then one has to take note, also, as to how the definitions of those terms have changed over time.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If you're going to talk about definitions of words like liberal and progressive ... then one has to take note, also, as to how the definitions of those terms have changed over time.
    Bully for the Bull Moosers!
    Zeus