The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A simple idea forimmigration reform

It seems that most on the forum have issues with the proposed reforms passed by the Senate (or about to be passed). It does not appear that anyone here agrees with their plan ... though there may be some differing opinions on what would be appropriate solutions.

Hope you've contacted your Congress-critters to voice your opinions.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

[QUOTE=caryalsobrook;1120640]
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post

I always have. You need proof? I can PM you if you do.
    No need. I have been a guest at Mr. and Mrs. Huntinman's home and Bill speaks highly of you.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1120631]
    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post

Huntinman is a class act. You would do well to emulate him.
    The word "would" is the future tense. "I have always" denotes the past tense. Most consider the past is a good predictor of the future.

[QUOTE=zeus3925;1120631]
    Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post

Huntinman is a class act. You would do well to emulate him.
    If any of you fall this far... don't tell my wife. She will think there is something BAD wrong with you!!
    Bill Davis

[QUOTE=huntinman;1120706]

If any of you fall this far... don't tell my wife. She will think there is something BAD wrong with you!!
    Naw she is just keeping you on your toes

The problem with imagration is the demand for it not the supply of them. If the penelties were sever or even exsistant for hiring illegals that would curb the problem. No reason to come to the US illegally if you are not going to find a job. I would suggest a fine of about $100,000 per illegal hired and a felony sentance of up to 5 years in prison with a minimum sentance of 6 months would probably slam the door closed on alot of illegals.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Here's another suggestion ... from Townhall.com
    I suggest a four-point plan:

1) Instant and irrevocable deportation for all illegals that have committed any additional serious misdemeanors or felonies during their stay other than breaking the law by coming here in the first place.

2) Instant and irrevocable lifetime disqualification of welfare state benefits (including so-called “Dream Acts”) for all illegals except as it directly relates to emergency life-or-death situations.

3) The establishment of a real national guest-worker program complete with e-verify so that folks who are just working here and sending money home can be accounted for and regulated.

Furthermore, there should be punitive punishment for corporations caught hiring illegals once this program is implemented.

4) Any current illegals who wish to still become citizens after all these measures are taken, and who can speak English as well as prove they have a skill or trade to offer, are then put into the legal immigration system starting at the back of the line. Of course, given that all their welfare state benefits have evaporated, it’s highly unlikely this number will be nearly as high as it currently is. If they make it through the process and are naturalized they are then barred from ever voting in any election for as long as they live as restitution for breaking the law.

This is a better idea of restitution than having them pay fines that will just confiscate their productivity and make them more a drain on the system. I don’t believe mass deportations are either practical or moral.

I believe this plan is a mixture of both grace and law. There are both consequences for breaking the law and mercy for those whose intent wasn’t malevolent but only to escape the kind of squalor blessedly most Americans can’t even fathom. On the other hand, the rule of law must be upheld, and the productivity and prosperity of the American people must be protected.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Here's another suggestion ... from Townhall.com
    Gerry, this assumes that welfare benefits are so attractive that illegals come here to draw them. In most instants, it is illegal for them to draw benefits. Most of them have a network that makes it easy to find work. Family ties are usually very strong, so as a result, most come here because a brother or cousin has located work for them.

In the area where I live, the siding and roofing company you might contract with will in turn sub contract with a company that maybe owned by an immigrant that employs illegals to perform actual work.

Most police agencies will ignore illegal immigrants until a serious crime is committed. At that point the individual is referred to ICE for deportation as immigration is a Federal matter.

Naturalization is the conveying of citizenship, the fundamental right of which is the right to vote. Anything less is a relegation to an underclass. I am opposed to that, as it is the American Creed that all men are created equal. That goes double for citizens. The proposal that would deny them the vote is derived out of the fear they would vote Democrat en masse. If that is a concern, get busy. People vote for the party and candidates that offer them the best chance of success. Republicans have been known to sell a used car or two. Illegals don't come here to vote in an election. They come for economic reasons.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Gerry, this assumes that welfare benefits are so attractive that illegals come here to draw them. In most instants, it is illegal for them to draw benefits. Most of them have a network that makes it easy to find work. Family ties are usually very strong, so as a result, most come here because a brother or cousin has located work for them.

In the area where I live, the siding and roofing company you might contract with will in turn sub contract with a company that maybe owned by an immigrant that employs illegals to perform actual work.

Most police agencies will ignore illegal immigrants until a serious crime is committed. At that point the individual is referred to ICE for deportation as immigration is a Federal matter.

Naturalization is the conveying of citizenship, the fundamental right of which is the right to vote. Anything less is a relegation to an underclass. I am opposed to that, as it is the American Creed that all men are created equal. That goes double for citizens. The proposal that would deny them the vote is derived out of the fear they would vote Democrat en masse. If that is a concern, get busy. People vote for the party and candidates that offer them the best chance of success. Republicans have been known to sell a used car or two. Illegals don't come here to vote in an election. They come for economic reasons.
    They are here ILLEGALLY!!!

That means they are VIOLATING law.

When did that become a Republican thing??

Oh, wait, never mind............
    Stan b & Elvis

What difference does it make anyway?

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/2267...tlanta-address
    Bill Davis